FACTS is open to users for equipment usage, via:
- Usage with assistance - Users can opt for usage with assistance with our scientists, if equipment usage is going to be one-off, irregular, or if there just a few samples. Users are welcome to consult our staff scientists for further advice on their characterisation work. Please contact us and send us the below questionaire, so that we can advise further.
- Equipment training, to operate our instruments independently. If instrumental work is going to be regular, or there is a fair amount of samples, training is recommended.
Please see [ Info for new user on equipment training ].
- Users are welcome to seek our advice on whether to go for equipment training or usage with assistance - please email us with info on your needs.
- For users who require Usage with Assistance, or further advice, please click [here] to download questionnaire - please send us your queries with this questionaire and any reference literature, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All users have equal chance for instrument reservation, regardless of which School he/she is from.
- The charges are the same for ALL NTU users. Manpower costs apply for usage with assistance by FACTS staff.
There is no priority booking time given to any school users, at prevailing rates.
- For instrument booking of an urgent nature, a double charge will apply for such requests. This is subject to equipment and manpower availability, and will be evaluated on a case by case basis;
- Special experiments that may require long acquisition times are also granted based on a case by case basis.
Click below for:
Rules and Regulation - instrument clusters:
* FACTS reserves the right to remove instrument access of any user who through negligence or otherwise, cause machine down time or inconvenience to other users.
* Users will bear the cost of any damage and will be banned from using the instrument due to misuse.
* User are responsible for their data generated with instruments. FACTS will not be responsible for any data loss. In this regards, users are recommended to export their data out to their personal cloud storage immediately after data capture.
We require all users that they acknowledge the use of our facility in all forms of reports and publications. This is important for us to justify future funding of our facility. Such funding will be used to improve and procure new instruments. In the end it will benefit your research works as we would be able to provide and support more advanced characterisation techniques.
For publications in the form of refereed papers, conference proceedings and presentations, please include the following lines to your acknowledgement section:
'The electron microscopy (or XRD) work was performed at the Facility for Analysis, Characterization, Testing and Simulation (FACTS), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore'
To keep track of all of this we also require all users to submit a copy of such publications. This will be highlighted in our website so it will be helpful in advertising your work!