|I am a structural geologist with a focus on earthquake hazards. I have studied geophysical problems ranging in scale from the hazards of particular faults to the construction of the Tibetan Plateau. I incorporate a wide range of datasets in my research, including seismic reflection data (either from the oil and gas industry or personally acquired), well logs, surface geology, rupture maps, and relocated aftershocks. I use quantitative fault-related folding techniques to interpret these data and develop realistic geometric and kinematic 3D fault models. |
I received my BS from Caltech in 2005 and my PhD from Harvard University in 2011, where I worked on active faults in Sichuan Province, China and Southern California. I joined the faculty at NTU in 2012. My group is currently working on a range of research problems, including active-source imaging of the Main Frontal Thrust, Nepal; interpreting seismic velocities and faulting in the fold-and-thrust belt in eastern Bangladesh; the expected geodetic signal above large-scale regional décollements systems; and the structural geology and seismic patterns in the Nepal Himalaya.
BS (2005, geology, with honors) - California Institute of Technology
PhD (2011, geology, advisor: John H. Shaw) - Harvard University
- Mallick, R., Lindsey, E. O., Feng, L., Hubbard, J., Banerjee, P., & Hill, E. M. (2019). Active Convergence of the India‐Burma‐Sunda Plates Revealed by a New Continuous GPS Network. Journal of Geophysical Research-Solid Earth, 124, 3155-3171.
- Xin Wang, Shengji Wei, Yu Wang, Phyo Maung Maung, Judith Hubbard, Paramesh Banerjee, Bor‐Shouh Huang, Kyaw Moe Oo, Thomas Bodin, Anna Foster, Rafael Almeida. (2018). A 3‐D Shear Wave Velocity Model for Myanmar Region. Journal of Geophysical Research-Solid Earth, .
- Wei, Shengji; Feng, Guangcai; Zeng, Hyongyu; Martin, Stacey Servito; Shi, Qibin; Muzli Muzli; Wang, Teng; Lindsay, Eric; Triyono, Rahmat; Hubbard, Judith; Tapponnier, Paul; Sieh, Kerry. (2018, December). The 2018 Mw 7.5 Palu earthquake, a gradually accelerating super-shear rupture stopped by stress shadows in a complex fault system. Paper presented at American Geophysical Union (AGU), Washington, D.C.
- Lindsey, E. O., Almeida, R., Mallick, R., Hubbard, J., Bradley, K., Tsang, L. L. H., Liu, Y., Burgmann, R., & Hill, E. M. (2018). Structural Control on Downdip Locking Extent of the Himalayan Megathrust. Journal of Geophysical Research-Solid Earth, 123.
- Zhigang Li, Peizhen Zhang, Wenjun Zheng, Dong Jia, Judith Hubbard, Rafael Almeida, Chuang Sun, Xuhua Shi, Tao Li. (2018). Oblique thrusting and strain partitioning in the Longmen Shan fold-and-thrust belt, eastern Tibetan Plateau. Journal of Geophysical research, .