|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Shen Zhiqi
Senior Lecturer, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Dr. Shen Zhiqi is currently a Senior Research Scientist in School of Computer Engineering since Dec. 2011. He obtained BSc in Peking Univ., MEng in Beijing Univ. of Technology, and PhD in Nan. Tech. Univ. respectively. He has over ten years R&D experiences in both university institutes and leading global industry in Canada and Singapore. He successfully led a number of well known government funded research projects and applied the research results in large scale industry projects. |
His main research areas are in artificial and computational intelligent agents and their applications in Interactive Digital Media (IDM) and other real world systems in different domains. His research work has been published in reputable journals (IEEE transactions, IEICE transactions, etc.) and top conferences in agent (AAMAS), computational intelligence (WCCI) and artificial intelligence (IJCAI). The agent based game engine developed based on his PhD research has attracted much attention from both research and industrial communities and has been presented at AAMAS 2006, ACM Entertainment Conference 2006 and Microsoft Game conference 2006 and 2007.
He has been actively involved in multidisciplinary research through collaborations involving NIE, ADM, SCI, SCE, CED at NTU and leading universities and industry world wide. In recent three years, he has been awarded over three million substantial industry and government linked research funding in agent based research including over one million NRF-MOE-IDM grant, MOE-NIE/LSL grant, HP e-Learning Grant and NGO/ASTAR grant as a Co-PI. Collaborating with Harvard, MIT and NIE/LSL researchers, “Virtual Singapura” built using his agent based game engine is the first immersive, situated and massive multi-user online role playing (MMORP) virtualized learning environment in Singapore for enabling students to learn through exploring in virtual worlds.
|Dr. Shen's areas of expertise are Artificial Intelligence, Software Agents, Multi-agent Systems (MAS); Goal Oriented Modeling, Agent Oriented Software Engineering; Agent Mediated Semantic Web/Grid, e-Learning, Bio-informatics and Bio-manufacturing; Agent Augmented Interactive Media, Game Design, and Interactive Story Telling. His current research works focus on Multi-agent Systems, Agent Augmented Interactive Media, Game Design, Interactive Story Telling, and e-Learning.|
- ADL+: A Digital Toolkit for Cognitive Assessment and Intervention
- Cinematics and Narratives - Creating Stories within Real-time Visual Toolsets
- Cinematics and Narratives – Creating Stories within Real-Time Visual Toolsets
- Enabling Situated Learning Via Agent Augmented Interactive Games in 3-D Chinese Water Painting World
- Intelligent Agent-Augmented Multi-User Virtual Environments: Research into Designs for Learning Environments of the Future
- SAIF: An End-to-end System for Assessment and Intervention of Frailty
- Search Infrastructure for TaaS and KaaS in Internet of Things
- Serious Immersion and Embodied Learning: Traces of Dinosaurs in Earth System Science
- Zhiwei Zeng, Zhiqi Shen, Jing Jih Chin, Cyril Leung, Yu Wang, Ying Chi, Chunyan Miao. (2020). Explainable and Contextual Preferences based Decision Making with Assumption-based Argumentation for Diagnostics and Prognostics of Alzheimer’s Disease. International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems.
- Chang Liu, Han Yu, Yi Dong, Zhiqi Shen, Yingxue Yu, Ian Dixon, Zhanning Gao, Pan Wang, Peiran Ren, Xuansong Xie, Lizhen Cui, Chunyan Miao. (2020). Generating Engaging Promotional Videos for E-commerce Platforms. the 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-20).
- Yi Dong, Chang Liu, Zhiqi Shen, Zhanning Gao, Pan Wang, Changgong Zhang, Peiran Ren, Xuansong Xie, Han Yu and Qingming Huang. (2019). the 1st ACM International Conference on Multimedia in Asia: Domain Specific and Idiom Adaptive Video Summarization. the 1st ACM International Conference on Multimedia in Asia (ACM Multimedia Asia 2019)Beijing, China.
- Chang Liu, Yi Dong, Han Yu, Zhiqi Shen, Zhanning Gao, Pan Wang, Changgong Zhang, Peiran Ren, Xuansong Xie, Lizhen Cui & Chunyan Miao. (2019). Proceedings of the 28th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'19): Generating Persuasive Visual Storylines for Promotional Videos. (pp. 901–910)ACM.
- Jonathan Leung, Zhiqi Shen and Chunyan Miao. (2019). the 4th International Conference on Agents (ICA 2019): Goal-Oriented Modelling for Virtual Assistants. the 4th International Conference on Agents (ICA 2019)Jinan, Shangdong, China.