|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zaher Judeh
Associate Professor, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
|Asst Prof Zaher Judeh is currently in the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering since 2004. He received his Bachelor degree in Chemistry from Poona University, Master degree in Chemistry from Bombay University and Ph.D. degrees from the University of New South Wales, Australia. His research interests include organic synthesis and catalysis. He has done significant research work and published over 40 international conference and journal papers.|
|My research interests are in the following areas:
1. Organic synthesis: Reaction mechanisms new methodologies
2. Asymmetric catalysis: Synthesis and use of novel chiral bidentate ligands based on bisisoquinolines focusing on synthesis of enantiomerically pure drug intermediates
3. Ionic liquids: Use as solvents for new reactions
4. Natural product chemistry: Study the synthesis, characterization and bioactivity of Vanicosides
- Biomimetic-Based Antifouling Coatings as a Route to Imporve Energy Efficiency of Ships and Port Structures
- Enhancing The Quality And Sustainability Of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes Through Continuous Manufacturing AndCrystallization Of Pharmaceuticals
- Potential Marine Antifouling Agents : Synthesis and Formulation of Novel Halogeneatd Cyclopent - 2 - ones
- Khong Duc Thinh, Judeh Zaher M. A. (2018). Short Synthesis of Phenylpropanoid Glycosides Calceolarioside A and Syringalide B. Synlett, 29(08), 1079-1083.
- Duc Thinh Khong, Zaher M. A. Judeh. (2017). Total synthesis of phenylpropanoid glycoside osmanthuside-B6 facilitated by double isomerisation of glucose–rhamnose orthoesters. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 15(12), 2638-2646.
- Duc Thinh Khong, Zaher M. A. Judeh. (2017). Short synthesis of phenylpropanoid glycosides calceolarioside-B and eutigoside-A. Tetrahedron Letters, 58(1), 109-111.
- Duc Thinh Khong, Zaher M. A. Judeh. (2016). Short synthesis of phenylpropanoid glycoside grayanoside-A and analogues.. Carbohydrate Research, 436, 50-53.
- Khong Duc Thinh, Zaher M. A. Judeh. (2014). Efficient Direct and Modular Stereoselective Synthesis of Highly Functionalized Tetrahydroisoquinolines and C2-1,1′-Bitetrahydroisoquinolines. Synthesis, 46(20), 2780-2788.
« Back to Research Directory