|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Zhu Zinan
Senior Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67904754
Office: S3 B1B 65
|Dr. Zhu earned her Ph.D. and M.A. in Accounting at the George Washington University and B.A.s in Economics and Philosophy at Peking University. Before joining NBS, Dr. Zhu worked at NUS Business School as Assistant Professor of Accounting. Her teaching interest is mainly in management accounting area, and she has taught Managerial Accounting and Managerial Planning & Control at both undergraduate and graduate levels since 2007. Dr. Zhu’s research interests include corporate disclosure, capital markets, and corporate governance. She has published in academic journals such as Review of Accounting Studies, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Business Ethics, and Accounting Horizons, as well as practitioner journals such as ISCA Journal and newspapers such as Business Times. Dr. Zhu is a Chartered Accountant of Singapore.|
- Compton, Y. L., S. Kang, and Z. Zhu. (2018). Gender Stereotyping by Location, Female Director Appointments and Financial Performance. Journal of Business Ethics, (Accepted).
- Miao, B., S. Teoh, and Z. Zhu. (2016). Limited Attention, Statement of Cash Flow Disclosure, and the Valuation of Accruals. Review of Accounting Studies, 21, 473-515.
- Baber, W., S. Kang, L. Liang, and Z. Zhu. (2015). External Corporate Governance and Misreporting. Contemporary Accounting Research, 32(4), 1413-1442.
- Miao, B., and Z. Zhu. (2015). Quarterly Reporting: Do Investors Find It Useful?. Journal of ISCA (Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants), December.
- Chen, V., Y. K. Ho, and Z. Zhu. (2014). How non-exec directors are paid affect firms’ risk levelBusiness Times.
« Back to Category Write-up