|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yougesh Khatri
Associate Professor (Practice), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Dr Yougesh Khatri is an Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School and is the Academic Director for the MSc in Asset and Wealth Management (MAWM) offered through the Wealth Management Institute (WMI) at NTU. He is also an Associate Fellow at the Asia-Pacific Programme and the Global Economy and Finance Department of Chatham House (The Royal Institute of International Affairs) in London.|
Dr Khatri returned to full-time academia in late 2018 after 20 years in the public and private sectors, including more than a decade at the IMF and much of the past decade in financial markets.
From 2015 to early 2018, he was based in London and travelling regularly to Asia for macroeconomic and financial sector advisory work - including as a Senior International Advisor to the Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Economic Development (PROSPERA) in Jakarta and as a consultant to the Asian Development Bank on various projects in Asia. He also developed and taught the International Elective (Macroeconomics and Finance for Practitioners) at Imperial College Business School during 2015-17, and was a guest lecturer at Cambridge’s Judge Business School in 2018.
During his time at GIC (2011-2015), Dr Khatri’s positions included Co-Head of the Economics and Capital Markets, Head of Economics, Head of New Horizons and advisor at the GIC London office. He also led macroeconomic research on Southeast Asia at Nomura Singapore Ltd during 2010-11.
Between 1998 and 2009, he was an economist with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He spent two years at the IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in Tokyo (working on Japan and regional issues), and three years as an IMF Resident Representative in Jakarta.
After completing his PhD at the University of Reading (and a BSc at the London School of Economics) he held various academic positions, including at the London School of Economics, Birkbeck College and Cambridge University. He has published journal articles, book chapters and working papers in a wide range of areas.
|•Global macroeconomics and finance|
•Economic development and public policy
•Long-term asset management
- E. Ginting, Y. Khatri, A. Premchandra.(2018). Economic Performance and Macroeconomic Managment. In Premchandra, Ginting, Hill and Kumar(Ed), The Sri Lankan Economy: Charting A New Course(Chapter 2). Asian Development Bank.
- Y. Khatri.(2009). Priorities for Structural Reform. Japan's Economic Revival Policy Challenges in a Globalized World(203-219). Palgrave Macmillan.
- Yoko Oguro, Kyoji Fukao, Mr Yougesh Khatri. (2008). Trade sensitivity to exchange rates in the context of intra-industry tradeInternational Monetary Fund Working Paper.
- Il Houng Lee, Yougesh Khatri. (2003). Information technology and productivity growth in AsiaInternational Monetary Fund Working Paper.
- J Piesse, Y Khatri. (2002). Corporate performance and governance: a stochastic frontier approach to measuring and explaining inefficiency in the Malaysian corporate sector. International Review of Economics and Business, 49(2), 259-85.
« Back to Category Write-up