|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Yoon Kyeongwon
Lecturer, School of Humanities
Office: HSS 04 37 (CML)
|born in Pohang, ROK|
1997-2001 B.A. at Keimyung univ.(Korean/English double major), Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship (IVF), Internet journalist in L.A. Christian Herald
2001 obtained national qualification as Lifelong educator (registered lifelong educator, Level 2)
2001-2003 ROK Military service
2004-2006 KOICA international voluntary service posted to Philippines Department of Tourism (DOT), language and culture education for tour guide
2007-2011 M.A. at Yonsei univ. (Korean language and literature; Korean linguistics-KFL/KSL focus)
Dissertation: Communicative Features in Korean Private Speech / 한국어 혼잣말의 의사소통적 특성 연구
2007-2009 KFL/KSL teaching at the Daegu univ., Konyang univ., Choong-ang univ., Duksung Women's univ. in ROK
2008 Obtained national qualification as Korean language teacher (registered KFL/KSL teacher, Level 3)
2009-2010 attended Screenwriting program, Korea Scenario Writers Association
2009 Won the Mugunghwa Storytelling Contest; Children’s Story
2009-2011 Lecturer at the Korean Language Education center of Sogang university, ROK
2011 Obtained national qualification as Korean language teacher (registered KFL/KSL teacher, Level 2)
2011-2016 Ph.D. at Yonsei univ. (Korean language and literature; Korean linguistics-KFL/KSL focus)
Dissertation: Study on Coherence of Korean Heritage Learners’ Composition Texts: focused on the American Undergraduate Learners
/ 계승한국어 학습자 작문텍스트의 응집성 연구: 미국 대학 학습자를 중심으로
2011-2012 Korean teacher at the Seoul Foreign School
2012-2014 Graduate Fellowship at Emory univ., ATL, G.A., U.S.A.
2013 Won the Christianity film criticism contest, Seoul International Agape Film Festival (SIAFF)
2014-2016 Lecturer at the Department of Korean language and culture, National Cheng Chi univ.(NCCU), TPE, Taiwan
2015 Won the Dong-A Ilbo Literary Contest in Spring; Film criticism
2015- attended Speech and language pathology (SLP) and art therapy program
2017 Obtained national qualification as Korean language teacher (registered KFL/KSL teacher, Level 1 anticipated)
Research project participated
2006 Korean verb dictionary development for Philippines learners of KFL
2008-2010 Korean speech act project for KFL/KSL teaching and learning
2011-2014 Korean contextual grammar project - focused on negation
2012 Online KFL/KSL course development; Sejong Korean Culture 1 / 세종 한국 문화 1 (www.sejonghakdang.org)
2013-2015 Project on Long-term experience of short-term FL/SL learning experience in abroad
2014-2015 Project on Korean language and culture education in Taiwan
|Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics - DA/CA/CDA |
Language Education - SLA, Teacher Education, Heritage learners, Writing (composition)
SLP - Language Development and Disorder/Speech Therapy in Multi-cultural/lingual Society
Language use in North Korean media
Korean Pop Culture - focused on Film
- Yoon, Kyeongwon. (2019). Student's perception on teacher's use of learner's L1 in the beginning Korean classroom of a US college. Bilingual Research, 73, TBA.
- Yoon, Kyeongwon. (2018). Developmental Perspectives in and Prospects of the Korean Language, Literature and Culture: The Influence of Instructional Language on Learner's Affective Factors in the KFL Classroom. The 14th International Conference on Korean Language, Literature, and Culture (pp. 107-115)Seoul, ROK: Department of Korean Language and Literature, Yonsei University.
- Yoon, Kyeongwon. (2018). Exploratory Study on Establishment of Korean Language Teacher’s Ethics - focused on establishing procedures and principles -. Journal of Korean Culture and Education, 3, 61-84.
- Yoon, Kyeongwon. (2018). The Practical and Prospect of Training Korean Studies Experts Overseas: Exploratory research of KFL/KSL teacher's vocational ethics - from professional ethics perspectives. The 5th International Conference of Center for Korean Culture and Language Education Studies (pp. 243-254)Taipei, Taiwan: Center for Korean Culture and Language Education Studies, NCCU.
- Yoon, Kyeongwon. (2017). Korean Language as Socio-Educational Resources: A Study of Sentence Errors in Korean Heritage Learner Compositions-focused on the U.S undergraduate learners. Australian Symposium on Korean Language Learning and Teaching 2017 (pp. 48-58)Adelaide, Australia: University of South Australia, ISBN: 978-1-922046-21-5.
« Back to Category Write-up