|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Tang Yi
Assistant Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Deputy Director, Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency
|Dr. Yi Tang received the B.Eng. degree in electrical engineering from Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, in 2007 and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in power engineering from the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2008 and 2011, respectively. From 2011 to 2013, he was a Senior Application Engineer with Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific, Singapore. From 2013 to 2015, he was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow with Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark. Since March 2015, he has been with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore as an Assistant Professor. He is the Cluster Director of the advanced power electronics research program at the Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N). Dr. Tang received the Infineon Top Inventor Award in 2012, the Early Career Teaching Excellence Award in 2017, and four IEEE Prize Paper Awards. He serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (TPEL) and the IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (JESTPE).|
|Power Electronics, Power Quality, Renewable Energy, Energy Storage, Smart Grid.|
We are looking for self-motivated postdoc research fellows to work on power electronics and power systems. Interested candidates are welcome to send application letters and resumes to Dr. Yi Tang, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3kW AGV Charger and Features
- Autonomous Control for Parallel PCS Operation
- Collaborative Science Program (CSP) Funding for the 4th IEEE Southern Power Electronics Conference
- Design and Control of Highly Reliable Power Converters for Renewable Energy Systems
- Grid-wide Intermittency Management by Aggregation of Distributed Energy Storage Systems
- Grid-wide Intermittency Management by Aggregation of Distributed Energy Storage Systems - Sub Project - Panasonic
- Grid-wide Intermittency Management by Aggregation of Distributed Energy Storage Systems - Sub Project - Sunseap
- Heterogeneous Integration of Energy Storage Systems for Virtual Synchronous Generator
- Medium Voltage Converter
- Optimization of Marine Energy Storage Systems for Desired Lifetime, Energy Saving and Safety
- Product Design and Development of 60KW PV Inverter
- Ultra-high power density wireless charging for maritime applications
- Y. Tang, W. Yao, P. C. Loh, and F. Blaabjerg. (2016). Highly reliable transformerless photovoltaic inverters with leakage current and pulsating power elimination. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 63(2), 1016-1026.
- Yi Tang, Zian Qin, Frede Blaabjerg, Poh Chiang Loh. (2015). A Dual Voltage Control Strategy for Single-Phase PWM Converters with Power Decoupling Function. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, .
- Yi Tang, Frede Blaabjerg. (2015). A Component-Minimized Single-Phase Active Power Decoupling Circuit With Reduced Current Stress to Semiconductor Switches. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, .
- Yi Tang, Frede Blaabjerg, Poh Chiang Loh, Chi Jin, Peng Wang. (2014). Decoupling of Fluctuating Power in Single-Phase Systems Through a Symmetrical Half-Bridge Circuit. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, .
- Yi Tang; Dexuan Zhu; Chi Jin; Peng Wang; Blaabjerg, F. (2014). A Three-Level Quasi-Two-Stage Single-Phase PFC Converter with Flexible Output Voltage and Improved Conversion Efficiency. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, .