|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Wu Yanhua
Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Asst Prof Wu Yanhua joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in January 2011. He obtained his B.Eng. in Engineering Thermophysics and B.A. in English in Science and Technology in 1997 from Tianjin University, China. He then worked as a thermal control engineer for satellites in Beijing Institute of Spacecraft System Engineering in Beijing, China until 2001. He obtained his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of New Mexico in 2004 and his Ph.D. in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2008. He was an Assistant Professor in the department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at Wright State University in Dayton, OH, USA before joining NTU. He is a senior member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, a member of American Society of Mechanical Engineering and American Physical Society.|
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/wuyanhuafelix/home
|Experimental diagnostics of complex fluid systems including smooth- and rough-wall turbulent flows, biological fluids, turbulence and flow control, unsteady aerodynamics of flapping wing flight, bio-mimic flows, multi-phase reactive flows, and fluid engineering related to renewable energy.|
- L. Wang, H. Tang and Y. Wu. (2015). Simulation of wave-body interaction: a desingularized method coupled with acceleration potential.. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 52, 37-48.
- Y.Zheng, Y.Wu and H. Tang. (2015). Force measurements of flexible tandem wings in hovering and forward flight.. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 10, 016021.
- Yanhua Wu. (2014). A study of energetic large-scale structures in turbulent boundary layer. Physics of Fluids, 26(4), 045113.
- R. Mejia-Alvarez, Y. Wu, K.T. Christensen. (2014). Observations of meandering superstructures in the roughness sublayer of a turbulent boundary layer. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 48, 43-51.
- H. Tang, P. Salunkhe, Y. Zheng, J. Du and Y. Wu. (2014). On the use of synthetic jet actuator arrays for active flow separation control. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 57, 1-10.
« Back to Category Write-up