|Xiao-Li is currently department head (Data Analytics department, consisting of 70+ data scientists, which is Singapore largest data analytics group) at the Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR, Singapore.|
His research interests include data mining, AI, machine learning, and bioinformatics. He has been serving as Senior PC members/workshop chairs/session chairs in the leading data mining/machine learning related conferences (including KDD, ICDM, SDM, PKDD/ECML, WWW, IJCAI, AAAI, and CIKM), bioinformatics related book editors (3 book editions) and PC members. Some of his reprehensive research publications include:
Positive unlabelled based learning (more than 2000 citations)
Social/biological network mining (more than 1000 citations)
Web pages noisy information eliminating (more than 500 citations)
In 2005, he received Best Paper Award in the 16th International Conference on Genome Informatics (GIW 2005). In 2008, he received the Best Poster Award in the 12th Annual International Conference Research in Computational Molecular Biology (RECOMB 2008). In 2011, he received Best Paper Runner-Up Award of the 16th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2011). In 2016, he received Best Paper Awards in the the International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB 2016). He also won two Best Performance Awards in international benchmarking competitions, i.e. bioinformatics competition DREAM 2007 USA, EU activity recognition challenge 2011.
Xiao-Li has published more than 170 peer-reviewed papers, including top tier Data Mining, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Information Retrieval conferences, such as KDD, ICDM, SDM, PKDD/ECML, PAKDD, ICDE, ICML, IJCAI, AAAI, UAI, ACL, SIGIR, EMNLP, CIKM, UbiCom etc, as well as some top tier journals such as AIJjournal, IEEE Transactions TKDE, IEEE Transactions on Reliability. Some impact bioinformatics papers published in PLOS Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, BMC Genomics, PLOS ONE, BMC Bioinformatics, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Journal of Computational Biology, as well as some top bioinformatics conferences such as ISMB/ECCB, CSB etc.
Xiao-Li has rich industry experience in managing research teams to address real-world applications. He has led over 10 R&D projects in collaboration with the industry partners across different verticals, e.g. leading aerospace companies, telecom companies, insurance companies, airlines etc.
Please refer to his A*Star I2R website at http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/xlli/ for details.
- Wenqing Lin, Xiaokui Xiao, Xing Xie, Xiao-Li Li. (2015). Network Motif Discovery: A GPU Approach. ICDE.
- Lei Hou, Juanzi Li, Xiao-Li Li, Jiangfeng Qu, Xiaofei Guo, Ou Hui, Jie Tang. (2013). What Users Care about: a Framework for Social Content Alignment. IJCAI.
- Jian-Ping Mei, Chee-Keong Kwoh, Peng Yang, Xiao-Li Li, and Zhengjie. (2013). Drug-Target Interaction Prediction by Learning From Local Information and Neighbors. Bioinformatics, .
- Hong Cao, Xiao-Li Li, Yew-Kwong Woon and See-Kiong Ng. (2013). Integrated Oversampling for Imbalanced Time Series Classification. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, .
- Minh Nhut Nguyen, Chunyu Bao, Kar Leong Tew, Sintiani Dewi Teddy, and Xiao-Li Li. (2012). Ensemble based Real-time Adaptive Classification System for Intelligent Sensing Machine Diagnostics. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, .