| || |
Prof Lew Wen Siang
Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Physics & Applied Physics (Assoc
Associate Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Assistant Chair , School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
|Dr Lew is a full-time academic staff (Assistant Professor) at the Division of Physics and Applied Physics, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University. He joined the University in January 2007 and is now working on building a research group focus on the research of spin injection in hybrid ferromagnetic-III-V-semiconductor devices. He has published 19 refereed journal papers, including two in the journal Physical Review Letters and one in the journal Nature. His research interests are spintronic and semiconductor devices, III-V solar cells, ultrathin epitaxial magnetic structures, and nanostructured magnetism. The applicant has been working on molecular beam epitaxy system for nine years in industrial and institution laboratories. He has vast experience in planning, designing, and setting up large scale research facilities independently. Prior to joining NTU, he worked as Research Associate at the Cavendish Laboratory where he took charge to set up a new microfabrication cleanroom and a multi-chamber six-target magnetic sensor magnetron sputtering deposition system during 2003-2006. Dr Lew is skilful in device fabrication and measurement. |
- Palfreyman, J. J., van Belle, F., Lew, W. S., Mitrelias, T., Bland, J. A. C., Lopalco, M., Bradley, M. (2007). Hybridization of electrodeposited magnetic multilayer micropillars. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 43(6), 2439-2441.
- van Belle, F., Hayward, T. J., Blanda, J. A. C., Lew, W. S. (2007). Coercivity engineering of exchange biased magnetic multilayer samples for digital encoding applications. Journal of Applied Physics, 102.
- Lew, W. S., Li, S. P., Bland, J. A. C. (2006). Two-jump magnetic switching in ultrathin Co(001) films probed by giant magnetoresistance measurements. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 307(2), 232-236.
- van Belle, F., Lew, W. S., Vaz, C. A. F., Bland, J. A. C. (2006). Coercivity and switching field - Engineered magnetic multilayers for 3-D patterned media. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 42(10), 2957-2959.
- Wang, Z. H., Lew, W. S., Bland, J. A. C. (2006). Manipulation of superparamagnetic beads using on-chip current lines placed on a ferrite magnet. Journal of Applied Physics, 99(8).