|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Chong Tzyy Haur
Assistant Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Deputy Director, Singapore Membrane Technology Centre, Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI)
|• Deputy Director, SMTC, NEWRI, NTU (2015 – Present)|
• Assistant Professor, School of CEE, NTU (2014 – Present)
• Senior Research Fellow (2011 – 2014) & Research Fellow (2008 – 2011), SMTC, NEWRI, NTU
• PhD, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2008)
• BEng (Chem. Eng.), University of New South Wales, Australia (1999)
|Membrane Process Intensification: Engineering for Efficiency and Sustainability in Water-Energy-Environment Nexus|
• Desalination and reclamation, water and wastewater treatment, industrial applications
• Membrane fouling mechanisms, control strategies and fouling sensors
• Process intensification, enhanced module and system design
• Hybrid membrane chemical and bio-reactors
- A novel nanofiltration based membrane bioreactor (NF-MBR) + reverse osmosis (RO) for water reclamation
- Development of Novel Smart Sensor for Reverse Osmosis Fouling Detection
- Development of an Inline Pre-formed Chloramine (NH2CI) System for Biofouling Control in Seawater Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) Desalination Process
- Digital Twinning of Secure Water Treatment Facilities
- Evaluation of Biocide Efficacy for Reverse Osmosis Biofouling Control in Seawater Desalination Application
- MIEX Pilot Plant Trial and Waste Brine Treatment for Reuse
- Li X, Liu C, Yin W, Chong TH, Wang R. (2019). Design and development of layer-by-layer based low-pressure antifouling nanofiltration membrane used for water reclamation. Journal of Membrane Science, .
- Yin W, Li X, Suwarno SR, Cornelissen ER, Chong TH. (2019). Fouling behavior of isolated dissolved organic fractions from seawater in reverse osmosis (RO) desalination process. Water Research, .
- Seonki Lee, Stanislaus Raditya Suwarno, Bryan Wei Hong Quek, Lanhee Kim, Bing Wu*, Tzyy Haur Chong**. (2019). A comparison of gravity-driven membrane (GDM) reactor and biofiltration + GDM reactor for seawater reverse osmosis desalination pretreatment. Water Research, 154, 72-83.
- Jongkwan Park, Kwanho Jeong, Sangsoo Baek, Sanghun Park, Mayzonee Ligaray, Tzyy Haur Chong, Kyung Hwa Cho. (2019). Modeling of NF/RO membrane fouling andflux decline using real-time observations. Journal of Membrane Science, 576, 66-77.
- Kwanho Jeong, Minkyu Park, Tzyy Haur Chong. (2019). Numerical model-based analysis of energy-efficient reverse osmosis (EERO) process: Performance simulation and optimization. Desalination, 453, 10-21.