|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Hung Gih Guang @ Terence
Adjunct Associate Professor,
Office: SCSE 01 01
|Dr. Hung is with the School of Computer Engineering since 2004. He received his Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Master and Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA). His research interests include high performance computing, grid and cloud computing. He has done published over 30 top quality international conference and journal papers. Terence serves as PI and co-PI for 6 key international/local initiatives. He has worked on e-Science and HP-funded projects and co-directed a joint research effort with HP Labs to investigate new technologies for IT/HPC as shared services. He sits on program/technical committee of numerous international conferences (HPCAsia, CCGRID, Gelato ICE, ICCSA) has been invited as a reviewer of grant proposals for the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and the Chilean Research Fund Council. In 2008, Terence is appointed as the Asia/Pacific Director of the HP-CAST (Hewlett-Packard Consortium for Advanced Scientific and Technical computing user group) board. Dr. Hung is a council member of the Gerson Lehrman Group.|
|HPC techniques for heterogeneous architecture.
HPC performance benchmarking and modelling.
Grid and cloud computing.
- User and Domain-Driven Analytics as a Service Framework
- Yan WU, Gary Lee, Xiuju Fu and Terence Hung. (2008). Detect Climatic Factors Contributing to Dengue Outbreak based on Wavelet, Support Vector Machines and Genetic Algorithm. World Congress on Engineering 2008.
- Tuan Zea Tan, Gary Lee, Shie-Yui Liong, Tian Kuay Lim, Terence Hung. (2008). Rainfall Intensity Prediction by a Spatial-temporal Ensemble. IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI 2008).
- Terence Hung. (2008). Science & HPC in the Little Red Dot. HP CAST 2008.
- Jie, W., Hung, T., et. al.(2007). Metadata-Based Information Management Framework for Grids. Modern Technologies in Web Services ResearchIGI Publishing.
- Xiuju Fu, Christina Liew¤, Terence Hung, Harold Goh, Gary Lee. (2007). Time-Series Infectious Disease Data Analysis Using SVM and Genetic Algorithm. 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation.
« Back to Category Write-up