|Prof SH Teoh received his B Eng (1st Hons) and PhD from Materials Engineering Department, Monash University, Australia in 1978 and 1982 respectively. He is presently Professor, Division Bioengineering, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and a Fellow of the Academy of Engineers Singapore. Previously he was the Director Centre of Biomedical Materials & Applications (BIOMAT) at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Executive Member of the NUS Tissue Engineering Program, National University of Singapore (NUS). He was the Founder Chairman of the NUS Graduate Bioengineering Programme (GPBE) from 1999 to 2005 and has helped NUS to attract one of the best cohort and most talented group of graduate students in bioengineering. Prior to these appointments he was the Founder Deputy Director of Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE) for two years (1997 to 1998). He founded the Univ spin-off company- Osteopore International. It is here that he guided the company to obtain FDA approval and CE mark for bone scaffolds in the craniofacial indications. The scaffolds have now been implanted successfully in more than 1500 patients. He is one of a few experts who teach regulatory affairs in medical devices, and cGMP manufacturing. He has a passion for teaching biomaterials engineering and design. In 2003 and 2004 he was awarded NUS Excellent Teacher. Prof Teoh also contributes significantly to professional bodies. He is presently the Chairman, Singapore Academy, Asia Regulatory Professional Association (ARPA). He sits in as board of editors Tissue Engineering, Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Journal of Mechanical Behaviour of Biomedical Materials, Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Research and Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine.|
- Jing Lim; Mark Seow Khoon Chong, Jerry Kok Yen Chan, Swee-Hin Teoh. (2014). Polymer Powder Processing of Cryomilled Polycaprolactone. Small, in press.
- Choy, David Kim Seng; Nga, Vincent Diong Weng; Lim, Jing; Lu, Jia; Chou, Ning; Yeo, Tseng Tsai; Teoh, Swee-Hin. (2013). Brain Tissue Interaction with Three-Dimensional, Honeycomb Polycaprolactone-Based Scaffolds Designed for Cranial Reconstruction Following Traumatic Brain Injury. Tissue Engineering Part A, 19(21-22), 2383-2389.
- Tan, Aaron; Goh, Debbie; Farhatnia, Yasmin; Natasha, G.; Lim, Jing; Teoh, Swee-Hin; Rajadas, Jayakumar; Alavijeh, Mohammad S.; Seifalian, Alexander M. (2013). An Anti-CD34 Antibody-Functionalized Clinical-Grade POSS-PCU Nanocomposite Polymer for Cardiovascular Stent Coating Applications: A Preliminary Assessment of Endothelial Progenitor Cell Capture and Hemocompatibility. PLoS ONE, 8(10), e77112.
- Tan, Aaron; Farhatnia, Yasmin; Goh, Debbie; Natasha, G.; de Mel, Achala; Lim, Jing; Teoh, Swee-Hin; Malkovskiy, Andrey V.; Chawla, Reema; Rajadas, Jayakumar; Cousins, Brian G.; Hamblin, Michael R.; Alavijeh, Mohammad S.; Seifalian, Alexander M. (2013). Surface modification of a polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane poly(carbonate-urea) urethane (POSS-PCU) nanocomposite polymer as a stent coating for enhanced capture of endothelial progenitor cells. Biointerphases, 8(1), 23.
- Yang, Xiao; Teoh, Swee-Hin; DasDe, Shamal; Lee, Taeyong. (2013). Administration of PTH and ibandronate increases ovariectomized rat compact bone viscoelasticity. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 22, 51-58.