|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Teo Chee Chong
Senior Lecturer, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Assistant Chair (Outreach & Alumni)
|Dr Teo’s current research interest is in the application of operations research to solve problems in supply chain, production and service operations. His research projects emphasize on industry application. He had worked on research projects with companies such as Keppel Offshore and Marines (Singapore), DHL Supply Chain, Neptune Orient Lines and Dell Inc. (North America). His research has been published in major operations management journals such as Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, European Journal of Operational Research, IIE Transactions and International Journal of Production Economics. At NTU, he teaches supply chain and logistics courses at both bachelor and master levels. Courses that he had taught include Intermodal Transportation, Distribution & Warehousing, Shipping Logistics and Quantitative Methods in Logistical Analysis. |
Dr Teo currently serves as Director of Education for the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transportation (Singapore), serving to promote continuing education for professionals in the logistics and transportation industry.
He received his B.Eng (Mechanical) from the Nanyang Technological University and PhD in Manufacturing Systems & Technologies under the Singapore-MIT Alliance program, which is an education and research collaboration between NUS (Singapore), NTU (Singapore) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
|Dr Teo's area of expertise are in the application of operations research to solve problems in supply chain, production and service operations.|
Current research projects include the following:
1. INVENTORY SHARING: A Lending System for Multi-Period Inventory Sharing between Independent Retailers (with Zhibin Zhang and Tat Ching Fung)
2. REMANUFACTURING: Optimizing a Recover-and-Assemble Remanufacturing System with Production Smoothing (with Seyed Mehdi Zahraei)
3. E-COMMERCE LOGISTICS: Overcoming the Challenges of Last-mile E-commerce Urban Logistics (with Yiik Diew Wong)
4. CONTAINER SHIPPING: Optimizing Hedging and Service Design for Container Shipping in Countering Bunker Fuel’s Price Volatility (with Xiaoyu Wang and Zhibin Zhang)
- Coordinating Resource Sharing in Multi Channel Retail Supply Chains: A Multi Period Framework
- Developing and Assessing Creative Problem Solving and Critical Thinking among Undergraduates in Operations Management Education
- S.M. Zahraei and C.C. Teo. (2018). Optimizing a recover-and-assemble remanufacturing system with production smoothing. International Journal of Production Economics, 197, 330-341.
- Zahraei, S.M.and C.C. Teo. (2017). Optimizing a Supply Network with Production Smoothing, Freight Expediting and Safety Stocks: An Analysis of Tactical Trade-Offs. European Journal of Operational Research, 262(1), 75-88.
- Teo, C.C., R. Bhatnagar, S.C. Graves. (2012). An Application of Master Schedule Smoothing and Planned Lead Times Control. Production and Operations Management, 21, 211-223.
- Teo, C.C., R. Bhatnagar, S.C. Graves. (2011). Setting Planned Lead Times for a Make-To-Order Production System with Master Schedule Smoothing. IIE Transactions, 43(6), 399-414.
- J. Foreman, Jeremie Gallien, J. Alspaugh, F. Lopez, R. Bhatnagar, C.C.Teo, C. Dubois. (2010). Implementing Supply Routing Optimization in a Make-To-Order Manufacturing Network. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 12(4), 547-568.
« Back to Category Write-up