|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Tan Mia Huan
Lecturer, School of Humanities
|Tan Mia Huan is currently in the School of Humanities and Social Science teaching in the Language and Communication Centre since 2007. She received her Bachelor degree in Business Administration from NUS, Master degrees in Science and Education from NTU and Ph.D. from NTU.|
PhD Nanyang Technological University
MEd Nanyang Technological University
MSc (Information Studies) Nanyang Technological University
PGDipEd Nanyang Technological University
BBA National University of Singapore
HW0188 Engineering Communication 1
HW0188 Engineering Communication 2
HW0228 Scientific Communication 2
|Her research interests include CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) and Language Learning strategies in L2 learners. She is also interested in research areas covering homeschooling, bilingual education, family language policy and translanguaging.|
- Mia Huan Tan. (2019, June). Power and Agency in bilingual policy appropriation in Singapore homeschooling families. Paper presented at International Society for Language Studies Conference 2019, The Open University of Hong Kong.
- Mia Huan Tan. (2019). Homeschooling in Singaporean Chinese families: beyond pedagogues and ideologues. Educational Studies, (online), DOI: 10.1080/03055698.2019.1584850.
- Mia Huan Tan. (2018, May). Bilingual Policy and Translanguaging Practices in Singapore Homeschooling Families. Paper presented at 2018 International Conference on English Teaching and Learning, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan.
- Mia Huan Tan. (2017, June). Unifying two languages through Homeschooling: A case study on how a Singaporean Chinese family promoted bilingualism. Paper presented at 11th International Symposium on Bilingualism, University of Limerick, Ireland.
- Mia Huan Tan. (2016, December). Home Education in Singapore bilingual families: Language Ideology vs Pedagogy. Paper presented at Applied Linguistics Association of Australia(ALAA) Conference 2016, Monash University, Melbourne.
« Back to Category Write-up