|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Stephen Campbell
Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences
Phone: +65 65927883
Office: HSS 05 48
|Stephen Campbell (PhD, Anthropology, University of Toronto, 2015) is a sociocultural anthropologist in the School of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. His current research focuses on the politics of informal labour at a squatter settlement on the outskirts of Yangon, Myanmar's former capital. His previous research examined workers' struggles and migrant labour regulation along the Thai-Myanmar border.|
|anthropology of the state, postcolonial political economy, labour migration, informal economy, border studies, Myanmar, Thailand|
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Reading Myanmar’s inland fisheries: Postcolonial literature as theoretical lens. Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, 20(1), 2 - 18.
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Labour formalization as selective hegemony in reform-era Myanmar. The Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology, 20(1), 57 - 73.
- Stephen Campbell. (2018). Towards a dialectical anthropology of capitalism. Social Anthropology, .
- Stephen Campbell. (2018). Migrant Waste Collectors in Thailand’s Informal Economy: Mapping Class Relations. European Journal of East Asian Studies, 17(2), 263-288.
- Stephen Campbell. (2018). Capitalist Trajectories in Mekong Southeast Asia. European Journal of East Asian Studies, 17(2), 181-191.
« Back to Category Write-up