|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Chen Songlin
Senior Lecturer, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Phone: +65 67905935
Office: N3.2 02 81
|Dr. Songlin Chen is currently an assistant professor at the System and Engineering Management Division of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research is focused on the design and operations of advanced manufacturing/service systems, with special interest in mass customization, system reliability and risk analysis, supply chain coordination and contracting, etc. Dr. Chen obtained his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management from the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology. Previous to that, he had a Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering from the National University of Defence Technology in China and a Master degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Stanford University in U.S.|
|My research is generally positioned at the interface between engineering and economics concerning the design and operations of advanced manufacturing/service systems. Specific research topics include: Mass customization, Manufacturing and service operations, System reliability and risk management, and Supply chain contracting.|
Personal Website: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/Songlin/
- 3D Printing for Product Development of Robotic Automation Solutions
- A Machine Learning Approach for Anomaly Process Monitoring
- Development of Novel Lattice Structures with Thermal Enhancement and Weight Reduction through Advanced/Additive Manufacturing Techniques
- MRO Service Provision and Contracting in Aerospace Supply Chain
- Programme: Aerospace and Defence
- Remodelling and 3D Printing of Smart Flow Regulators
- Chen, S.L., J.X. Jiao, and M.M. Tseng. (2009). Evolutionary product line design balancing customer needs and product commonality. CIRP Annals, 58(1), 123-126.
- S.L. Chen, M.M. Tseng. (2009). Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering Design: A Hybrid Negotiation-Auction Mechanism for Design Sourcing. (pp. 229-238)The Design Society.
- Chen, S.L., Y. Wang, and M.M. Tseng. (2009). Mass Customization as a Collaborative Engineering Effort. International Journal of Collaborative Engineering, 1(1-2), 152-167.
- Chen, Songlin; Tseng, Mitchell. (2007, September). Procurement Mechanisms for Customized Products. Paper presented at The World Conference on Mass Customization & Personalization, Boston.
- Chen, S.L and M.M. Tseng. (2007). Aligning demand and supply flexibility in custom product co-design. International Journal of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, 19(4), 596-611.
« Back to Category Write-up