|Dr. Song joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in April 2016. She obtained her PhD in Materials Science and Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2011, with research focus on bioimimetics and biomechanics for an understanding of material design principles of natural exoskeleton systems. She did her post-doctoral training at Advanced Institute of Convergence Technology, Seoul National University, where she conducted research on development of hybrid biomaterials for dental, orthopedic, cardiovascular and soft tissue implants, actively working with local biomedical companies. During 2014-2015, she was also a contract professor at Korea University, School of Biomedical Engineering.|
|Dr. Song’s research interests focus on experimental and theoretical investigations of natural and synthetic composite materials across all length scales, particularly in the field of biomimetic and bioinspired engineering as well as biomedical engineering, covering various topics on nanomechanics, biomechanics, biomimetic design, fabrication and prototyping, biomedical material design, synthesis and evaluation.|
- SH Jeong, YH Koh, SW Kim, JU Park, HE Kim, J Song. (2016). Strong and Biostable Hyaluronic Acid–Calcium Phosphate Nanocomposite Hydrogel via in Situ Precipitation Process. Biomacromolecules, 17(3), 841-851.
- TS Jang, S Kim, HD Jung, JW Chung, HE Kim, YH Koh, J Song. (2016). Large-scale nanopatterning of metal surfaces by target-ion induced plasma sputtering (TIPS). RSC Advances, 6(28), 23702-23708.
- HD Jung, TS Jang, L Wang, HE Kim, YH Koh, J Song. (2015). Novel strategy for mechanically tunable and bioactive metal implants. Biomaterials, 37, 49-61.
- J Song, C Ortiz, MC Boyce. (2011). Threat-protection mechanics of an armored fish. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 4(5), 699-712.
- BJF Bruet, J Song, MC Boyce, C Ortiz. (2008). Materials design principles of ancient fish armour. Nature Materials, 7(9), 748-756.