|XU Rong received her Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. degrees in Chemical Engineering from National University of Singapore. She joined Nanyang Technological University (NTU) as an Assistant Professor in 2004 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2010 and Professor in 2017. Her lab has actively worked in the field of catalysis for energy and environmental applications. To date, she have published over 160 papers in top tier journals including Journal of the American Chemical Society, Advanced Materials, Angewandte Chemie, Energy & Environmental Sciences, Science Advances, ACS Nano, Chemical Society Review and so on. Her citation and H-index are >11000 and 61 (Web of Science). She received Top-Cited Papers Award (2010 and 2011) from Elsevier for her paper published in Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. Her work on metal sulfide photocatalyst was featured in a themed collection 'Celebrating excellence in Dalton Transactions – women of inorganic chemistry’ (2018), Royal Society of Chemistry. She is currently an Associate Editor of EnergyChem, a journal of Elsevier. She is also an Editorial Board Member of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. She has served as the Associate Chair Research (2011-2014) and Interim Chair (2017-2019) of the School of Chemical & Biomedical Engineering, NTU. She is currently the Research Director of Engineering and Physical Sciences in Senior Vice President Research’s office. She is also the Director of Singapore Energy Centre (SgEC), an industrial consortium with its mission to develop innovative solutions to meet the growing energy demand through research and education.|
- Zhang, W., Wang, Y. B., Wang, Z., Zhong, Z. Y., Xu, R.*. (2010). Highly Efficient and Noble Metal-Free NiS/CdS Photocatalysts for Hydrogen Evolution from Lactic Acid Sacrificial Solution under Visible Light. Chemical Communications, 46, 7631-7633.
- Zhang, W., Tay, H. L., Lim, S. S., Wang, Y. S., Zhong, Z. Y., Xu, R.*. (2010). Supported cobalt oxide on MgO: highly efficient catalysts for degradation of organic dyes in dilute solutions. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 95, 93-99.
- Gunawan, P. and Xu, R.*. (2009). Direct Assembly of Anisotropic Layered Double Hydroxide (LDH) Nanocrystals on Spherical Template for Fabrication of Drug-LDH Hollow Nanospheres. Chemistry of Materials, 21, 781-783.
- Xu Rong.(2009). Development of nanoceramic oxides and their applications in heterogeneous catalysis. In Tseng, T.Y. and Nalwa, H.S.(Ed), Handbook of nanoceramics and their based devices(301-344). American Scientific Publishers.
- Zhang, W., and Xu, R.*. (2009). Surface Engineered Active Photocatalysts without Noble Metals: CuS-ZnxCd1-xS Nanospheres by One-Step Synthesis. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 34, 8495-8503.