|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Su Rong
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Dr Su Rong obtained his Bachelor of Engineering degree from University of Science and Technology of China, and Master of Applied Science degree and PhD degree from University of Toronto, respectively. He was affiliated with University of Waterloo and Technical University of Eindhoven before he joined Nanyang Technological University in 2010. Dr Su's research interests include multi-agent systems, discrete-event system theory, model-based fault diagnosis, operation planning and scheduling with applications in flexible manufacturing, intelligent transportation, human-robot interface, power management and green building. In the aforementioned areas he has more than 140 journal and conference publications, 1 granted US patent, 1 filed Singapore patent and 3 technical disclosures, and has been involved in several projects sponsored by Singapore National Research Foundation (NRF), Singapore Agency of Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore Ministry of Education (MoE), Singapore Civil Aviation Authority (CAAS) and Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). Dr Su is a senior member of IEEE, and an associate editor for Automatica, Journal of Discrete Event Dynamic Systems: Theory and Applications, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, and Journal of Control and Decision. He is also the Chair of the Technical Committee on Smart Cities in the IEEE Control Systems Society, and a board member of the School of EEE at NTU.|
|(1) Discrete event systems: Supervisory control, Model-based diagnosis, Cyber Security Analysis, Simulation|
(2) Multi-agent systems: Formation control, Output regulation, Sliding mode control
(3) Planning and Scheduling with Applications in Smart Cities: Smart manufacturing, Intelligent transportation, Smart buildings
- Development of NTU/ NXP- Intelligent Transport Systems Test-Bed
- Discrete Event Based Cyber Security Analysis and Attack Resilient Controller Synthesis for Cyber Physical Systems
- Embedded Machine for Hostile Environment on More Electric Engines
- Integrated Fibre Optic Sensor Based Monitoring System for LNG Terminals
- Intelligent Power Allocation and Scheduling
- Next-Generation V2X Network Architecture and Ecosystem for Smart Mobility
- Secure and Privacy Preserving Multi-agent Cooperation
- Forschelen, S., Van de Mortel, F. J. M., Su, R., Rooda, J. E. (2012). Application of supervisory control theory to theme park vehicles. Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, , accepted.
- Rong Su, Jan H. van Schuppen and Jacobus E. Rooda. (2012). Maximum permissive coordinated distributed supervisory control of nondeterministic discrete-event systems. Automatica, , in press.
- Rong Su, Jan H. van Schuppen and Jacobus E. Rooda. (2012). The synthesis of time optimal supervisorys by using heaps-of-pieces. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 57(1), 105-118.
- Rong Su, Jan H. van Schuppen and Jacobus E. Rooda. (2012). On the complexity of computing a supremal minimum-weighted supervisor of a partially observed weighted discrete-event system. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, , cond. accepted.
- Rong Su, Gerhard Woeginger. (2011). String execution time for finite languages: max is easy, min is hard. Automatica, 47(10), 2326-2329.