|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Kumaran Rajaram
Senior Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Leadership, Management & Organisation
|Dr. Rajaram is a Senior Lecturer and Course Chair where he lectures, leads a team of senior instructors, responsible for the curriculum & learning design of management and leadership courses in the Leadership, Management and Organization Division at the Nanyang Business School. He earned his PhD with Distinction in Business and Management (minoring in Learning Science) from University of South Australia, Adelaide. As an acknowledgment for his quality performance, he was nominated for the 2012, 2013, 2014 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards. He is an expert, practitioner in business management, organisational science leadership, change management and a research scholar who specializes in learning analytics, organisational learning and development, management education, culture of learning and internationalization of higher education. He has received multiple competitive school, university and national level research grants and awards on topics related to pedagogical innovation and leadership competencies. He has published in management education, learning culture in multi-disciplinary context, learning analytics and internationalization of higher education. He was instrumental in transforming and implementing the flipped-classroom pedagogy, adopting problem-based and team-based learning in the course that he chairs. Dr Rajaram is also the inventor of various innovative learning interventions (https://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/learning-innovations/). Dr. Rajaram is the Founder and Executive Director of Research Lab for Learning Innovation and Culture of Learning (https://learningintervention.wixsite.com/researchlab). He was nominated for the Outstanding USQ Professional Alumnus 2012, 2013 and Outstanding USQ Academic & Research Alumnus 2014, 2015 and 2016. He was awarded the John Cheung Social Media Award 2016, NTU EdeX Grants 2016 & 2017 and MOE TRF Grant 2017.|
Dr Rajaram has over 18 years of leadership and senior management corporate experience in organisational change, business development, strategic management and learning & training development, lecturing experience of more than 10 years in higher education. He started his career as an Engineer. His eight years of service in RSN as a scholar, with his last appointment as the section head has earned him accolades such as Certificate of Commendations and Outstanding Innovation awards from the past President of Singapore, Dr. Tony Tan and then Chief of Navy and Transport Minister of Singapore, Mr. Liu Tuck Yew. For his outstanding instructional performance, he was acknowledged as ‘Master Instructor’ which is the highest and most prestigious award bestowed to instructors in the Unit of more than 500 instructors and featured as an excellent role model for exemplifying RSN core values in Navy News in 2007. Thereafter, he transited to the corporate world where during his last stints served as the Director of Academic Affairs and Business Development where he has championed evolving issues of corporate governance, internationalization and had implemented change strategies and then as the CEO, Executive Chairman and Principal Consultant for a global change management and leadership consulting firm, where during this stint he has travelled widely to execute business consultations which has diversified his experiential horizons, especially in the cross-cultural context. before he made a transition as an educationalist. Organisations that he has offered his consulting services includes Microsoft, General Electric, Energizer, Simens, NCS, SIM Global Education, SINDA and many more. During his entrepreneurial stint, he was interviewed and featured in SPANs magazine in 2008 for being an exemplary and outstanding young entrepreneur, USQ Alumni Newsletter in 2009 – ‘Alumnus achieves professional training success’, Inspire magazine in 2010 for being an exemplary role model as a business practitioner.
|• Organisational Science and Behaviour|
• Institutional and Organizational Culture
• Learning Culture and Culture of Learning in Higher Education Institutions and Organizations
• Cross-Cultural Management
• Internationalization of Higher Education
• Learning Analytics
• Cognitive and Educational Neuroscience
• Character Education and Leadership Development in Business Education
Research Interest in the Neuroscience of Learning and Education
• Social-Psychological interventions in Business Education
• Applying Neuroscience to comprehend:
• Empathy, Compassion, Character Education and Leadership traits
• Engagement and Learning Effectiveness amongst learners
• Students’ Performance and Outcomes
- Developing A Support System To Train Ethical Competence
- Developing in-class activity support system for instructors to capture and monitor individual contributions of students
- Scaffolding the flip: Developing an activity support system for instructions of flipped classroom courses
- Social-psychological interventions for empathy and leadership ability development in business students
- Bolinge, A., Rajaram, K. & et al. (2019, August). Teaching in the Rough IV. Paper presented at Academy of Management (AOM) Meeting 2019, Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Miles, J, Rajaram, K. & et al. (2019, August). Harnessing the power of youtube to improve engagement, retention and sharing in management courses. Paper presented at Academy of Management (AOM) Meeting 2019, Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Marie, C.C. & Rajaram, K. (2019, August). The Global Classroom: Harnessing Cultural Diversity for Success in Multicultural Student Teams. Paper presented at Academy of Management (AOM) Meeting 2019, Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Rajaram, K. (2019). Flipped Classroom: Scaffolding support system with real time learning intervention. Asian Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning , 9(1), 30-58.
- Bolinge, A., Rajaram, K. & et al. (2018, August). Teaching in the Rough III. Paper presented at Academy of Management (AOM) Meeting 2018, Chicago, Illinois, United States.