| || |
Dr Preman Rajalingam
Head of Teaching, Learning and Pedagogy Division
Senior Lecturer, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Assistant Dean (Educational Development), Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine)
Postgraduate Tutor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine)
|Dr Preman Rajalingam the Head of the Teaching, Learning and Pedagogy Division (TLPD) at NTU. He was previously the Assistant Dean for Educational Development at LKCMedicine. He has master’s degrees in Biomedical Engineering (The University of Queensland, 2004) and Education Research Methods (The University of Western Australia, 2007). He received his Ph.D. in Education Psychology from Monash University, Australia in 2012. |
Dr Rajalingam started his career as an engineer but quickly realised he’d rather be an educator. He is a passionate advocate of active and student-centred approaches to learning and an expert in the pedagogy of higher education; in particular Problem-Based Learning (PBL) and Team-Based Learning (TBL). Having joined LKCMedicine in 2012, Dr Rajalingam was instrumental in setting up the TBL approach used at this institution. His other responsibilities include educational development, consulting on curriculum development and e-learning, and scholarship in medical education. As an expert in higher education, he regularly conducts local and international workshops on how to effectively employ innovative teaching methods within various subject disciplines.
- Schmidt, H. G., Rotgans, J. I., Rajalingam, P., & Low-Beer, N. . (2019). A Psychological Foundation for Team-Based Learning: Knowledge Reconsolidation. Academic Medicine, 94(12), 1878-1883.
- Hong, J. M., & Rajalingam, P. (2019). Geographic trends in Team-Based Learning (TBL) research and implementation in medical schools. Health Professions Education, .
- Yang, L., & Rajalingam, P. (2019). Are Two Teachers Better than One? Team Teaching in TBL.. Medical Science Educator , , 1-5.
- Koh, Y. Y. J., Rotgans, J. I., Rajalingam, P., Gagnon, P., Low-Beer, N., & Schmidt, H. G. (2019). Effects of graded versus ungraded individual readiness assurance scores in team-based learning: a quasi-experimental study. Advances in Health Sciences Education. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 24(3), 477-488.
- Rajalingam, P., Rotgans, J. I., Zary, N., Ferenczi, M. A., Gagnon, P., & Low-Beer, N. (2018). Implementation of team-based learning on a large scale: Three factors to keep in mind.. Medical Teacher, 40(6), 582-588.