|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Okan Duru
Assistant Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Phone: +65 67905299
Office: N1 01C 95
|Dr. Duru is a scholar in the shipping business, forecasting and decision making fields. His research motivation comes from emerging debates in the shipping business while developing original methods in forecasting and decision science. He challenges common perceptions as well as addressing the Behavioral Economics of Shipping Business.|
He received his bachelor degree from the Department of Maritime Transportation and Management Engineering at Istanbul Technical University (2003). While he was studying the Master of Engineering degree (Maritime Transportation Engineering) in Istanbul Technical University, he was working on board chemical tankers from time to time. He joined to the Istanbul Technical University as a Research Fellow in 2006. He graduated from the Department of Maritime Transportation Engineering (MEng.) in 2007.
In 2007, he was awarded for the MSc/PhD scholarship at Kobe University by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan. He moved to Kobe, Japan and completed his Master of Science degree at the Department of Maritime Logistics, Kobe University in 2009. Okan Duru completed his Ph.D. at the Graduate School of Maritime Sciences, Kobe University. The dissertation title is Economic Analysis on the Long term assessment of Dry Bulk Shipping.
He has published many journal papers and conference papers as well as editing journal issues. He reviewed several papers for International Journal of Forecasting, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Maritime Policy and Management, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society-JORS, Applied Soft Computing, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, among others.
He is married to Kazue Duru (Taguchi) with a son.
|Shipping Asset Management|
Computer Intelligence for Finance and Economics
Behavioral Economics of Shipping Business
Shipping markets and Freight rate theory
Forecasting Support Systems (FSS)
- Predictive Model Search Engine for Energy Prices and Energy Transport Cost
- Gulay, Emrah; Duru, Okan. (2018, November). Combinations in Predictive Analytics by using Machine Learning. Paper presented at 2018 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2018), Bengaluru.
- B. Korkut, D. Okan, G. Emrah, S. Rong, L. Constantino. (2018). Predictive analytics of crude oil prices by utilizing the intelligent model search engine. Applied Energy, .
- Bulut E. & Duru O.(2018). The Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) in Maritime Logistics: Theory, Application and Fuzzy Set Integration. Multi-Criteria Decision Making in Maritime Studies and Logistics - Applications and CasesBerlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Bulut E., Huang S.T. and Duru O. (2018). A Multi-Dimension QFD Design for the Service Quality Assessment of Kansai International Airport-Japan. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 29(1-2), 202-224.
- Duru, O., & Butler, M.(2017). Modelling and Forecasting with Fuzzy Time Series and Artificial Neural Networks. Advances in Business and Management Forecasting(155-180). London: Emerald Publishing Limited.
« Back to Category Write-up