|Marilyn Uy is a tenured associate professor of entrepreneurship at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore). She completed her Ph.D. at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder (USA). Her research spans the broad areas of psychology of entrepreneurship, work motivation, and emotional well-being. She uses longitudinal approaches such as experience sampling method, weekly or daily diary method, and multi-wave surveys in conducting empirical research. Her articles have been published in premier journals including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Human Relations, and Organizational Research Methods, among others. She has been appointed as Editor (Associate Editor equivalent) of Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice and has been serving on the editorial review boards of Journal of Business Venturing, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Applied Psychology: An International Review, and Small Business Economics. Since joining NTU Singapore in 2011, she has attracted competitive research funding worth more than S$3 million.|
- Zhan, S., Uy, M. A., & Hong, Y. (2020). Missing the forest for the trees: Prior entrepreneurial experience, role identity and entrepreneurial creativity. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, in press.
- Uy, M. A., Jacob, G. H., Gielnik, M. M., Frese, M., Antonio, T., Wonohadidjojo, D. M., & Christina. (2020). When passions collide: Passion convergence in entrepreneurial teams. Journal of Applied Psychology, OnlineFirst, https://doi.org/10.1037/apl0000812.
- Uy, M. A., Lin, K. J., Ilies, R. (2017). Is it better to give or receive? The role of help in buffering the depleting effects of surface acting. Academy of Management Journal, 60(4), 1442-1461.
- Uy, M. A., Sun, S., & Foo, M. D. (2017). Affect spin, entrepreneurs' well-being and venture goal progress: The moderating role of goal orientation. Journal of Business Venturing, 32(4), 443-460.
- Gielnik, M. M., Uy, M. A., Funken, R., & Bischoff, K. M. (2017). Boosting and sustaining passion: A long term perspective on the effects of entrepreneurship training. Journal of Business Venturing, 32(3), 334-353.