|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chai Gin Boay
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Associate Professor, Engineering Mechanics Division, School of MAE
Deputy Director of Protective Technology Research Centre
|Composite Materials & Structures, Buckling and Failure of Structures,
Practical Application of Finite Element softwares (ANSYS, ABAQUS, MARC/MENTAT).
- Crack growth analysis of aircraft lugs
- Damage initiation criteria for Selective Laser Melting (SLM) processed alloys and their influence on the failure modes of SLM lattice structures
- Development of coiled flexible sub-sea thermoplastic composite risers
- Development of multi-functionally hierarchical fibre-metal laminates (FMLs) for impact protection
- Chai GB, Manikandan P. (2014). Low velocity impact response of fibre-metal laminates - A review. Composite Structures, 107, 363-381.
- Satrio Wicaksono and Chai, Gin Boay. (2013). A review of advances in fatigue and life prediction of fiber-reinforced composites. Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Proceedings. Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, , 1-17.
- Satrio Wicaksono, Chai G.B. (2013, June). Fatigue Life Prediction of Woven CFRP Structure. Paper presented at 17 International Conference on Composite Structures, Porto, Protugal.
- Satrio Wicaksono, Chai G.B. (2013, February). Failure of Laminated Panels with Initial Delamination in Tension. Paper presented at The 5th Regional Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Technology, Bangkok ,Thailand.
- Zhu S, Chai GB. (2013). Damage and failure mode maps of composite sandwich panel subjected to quasi-static indentation and low velocity impact. Composite Structures, 101, 204-214.
« Back to Category Write-up