|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yap Fook Fah
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Academic Qualifications: BA(Hons) First Class with Distinction - University of Cambridge - 1989
PhD - University of Cambridge - 1993
Professional Qualifications/Memberships: (State date of membership)
Summary of Working Experience: (with dates)
17 Nov 1993 - 31 Dec 1998 Lecturer, NTU
1 Jan 1999 - 31 Dec 2000 Assistant Professor, NTU
1 Jan 2001 - Associate Professor, NTU
|MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS
1. Mechanics of micro-systems, in particular the dynamic analysis of multi-component
systems for high capacity, high speed data storage. Currently manager of Centre
for Mechanics of Micro-Systems.
2. Virtual prototyping and simulation of complex mechanical systems
3. Dynamics of damped structures and vibration control using magneto-rheological fluid
- Driving Simulation as an assessment of elderly driver fitness to drive and driver rehabilitation method
- Experimental dynamic testing of hard disk drives and dynamic analysis
- ITTF Lab @ ISR
- Project AV
- Project XO-Derivation of Design Methodology on Vibration Isolation through Performing Ruggedization of COTS Oscillator
- Reducing Fuel Consumption Using Flywheel Battery Technology For Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes in Container Terminals
- Reducing Fuel Consumption Using Flywheel Battery Technology for Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes in Container Terminals
- Research Program In Mechanics of Microsystems (Phase II)
- Shock Mitigation and Analysis
- Tracking and Rider Assistance System for Personal Mobility Devices
- Tracking and Rider Assistance System for Personal Mobility Devices (MAE Seed)
- Yadav, S.R., Y.F. Fah, and P.T. Sheng. (2019). Design and Analysis of Shock Isolators. 20th Hwarangdae International Symposium, The 7th International Conference on Design and Analysis of Protective Structures (HIS-DAPS 2019).
- Kai Hou Tan, Yap Fook Fah. (2017). Reducing Fuel Consumption Using Flywheel Battery Technology for Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes in Container Terminals. Journal of Power and Energy Engineering , 5(7), 15-33.
- Ashkan Haji Hosseinloo, Fook Fah Yap, Siow Pin Tan, Kok Chuan Toh. (2014). Shock and vibration protection of submerged jet impingement cooling systems: Theory and experiment. Applied Thermal Engineering, 73(1), 1076-1086.
- AH Hosseinloo, FF Yap, ET Chua. (2014). Random vibration protection of a double-chamber submerged jet impingement cooling system: A continuous model. Aerospace Science and Technology, .
- Yap F.F., Chen G. (2014). An Introduction to Planar Dynamics. Cengage Learning Asia.
« Back to Category Write-up