|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Yue Chee Yoon
Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Professor C. Y. Yue joined NTU in 1990 and is a full professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. He is the Singapore Programme co-Chair of the Manufacturing Systems and Technology (MST) Programme of the Singapore-Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alliance (SMA). He obtained his B.Eng (Hons) and PhD from Monash University, Australia in 1979 and 1983 respectively. From 1983 to 1990, he was with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Hong Kong. He was Dean of School from 1999 to 2005 and Head of the Manufacturing Engineering Division from Nov 1995 to May 1999. He serves on review panels and expert committees of overseas and local research funding agencies. His research focus is on advanced materials, nanomaterials, nanomanufacturing and polymer microfluidic devices. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Singapore, a Member and Chartered Professional Engineer of the Institution of Engineers, Australia, and a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Materials, Minerals and Mining of the United Kingdom. He was awarded the Singapore Public Service Award (Silver) in 2002.|
|Advanced materials modeling, processing and properties with emphasis on fibre reinforced composites, liquid crystalline polymer-based polymer blends, micro-replication techniques, nanocomposites and applications of polymers in biomedical engineering and microelectronics. Interfacial properties of composites; surface treatment and modification; adhesion; solvent welding of polymers; prediction of long-term properties of polymers. Micro- and nano-manufacturing with a focus on micro-embossing of polymers aimed at the production of microfluidic devices.|
- Advanced Materials for Engineering Applications
- Development of High Performance Elastomeric Seal Technologies for High Temperature and High Reliability
- Ghosh K, Yue CY, Sk MM, Jena RK, Bi S. (2018). Development of 3D graphene aerogel and 3D porous graphene/MnO2@polyaniline hybrid film for all-solid-state flexible asymmetric supercapacitor. Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2, 280-293.
- N. Swaroop, C. Y. Yue, Dasari. A. (2017). Experimental study on delamination onset of unidirectional GFRP DCB specimens under in-plane fiber waviness defect. M2D2017 - 7th International Conference on Mechanics and Materials in Design, Algarve-Portugal, 11-15 June 2017.
- N. Swaroop, C. Y. Yue, Dasari. A. (2017). Compressive failure behavior of unidirectional GFRP composite under the influence of in-plane fiber waviness. M2D2017 - 7th International Conference on Mechanics and Materials in Design, Algarve-Portugal, 11-15 June 2017.
- Y.B. Chong, C.Y. Yue, J.L.Yang. (2017). Multifunctional microcapsules containing 8-hydroxylquinoline and clove oil for anticorrosion and antibacterial purposes. International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2017), Singapore, 18-23 June 2017.
- Kalyan Ghosh, Chee Yoon Yue, Md Moniruzzaman Sk, Rajeeb Kumar Jena. (2017). Development of 3D Urchin-Shaped Coaxial Manganese Dioxide@ Polyaniline (MnO2@ PANI) Composite and Self-Assembled 3D Pillared Graphene Foam for Asymmetric All-Solid-State Flexible Supercapacitor Application.. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9(18), 15350.
« Back to Research Directory