|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Marcos
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Assistant Chair , School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
|Marcos joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering on 1 June 2011 as an Assistant Professor. He graduated with BEng (First Class Hons) and MEng degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University in 2003 and 2005, respectively. He then went for his doctoral studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and obtained his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2011. His PhD study focused on the effects of fluid dynamics on swimming bacteria. |
|His research interests include small scale fluid dynamics, microfluidics, swimming in non-Newtonian fluids, and bio-locomotion.|
- Analysis of elastic flagella and their effects on bacterial motility
- Analysis of the interaction between bacterial population behaviour and soil permeability
- Flow field analysis of fans and their effects on ventilation in tunnels
- Nanyang Education Award (University) 2017
- Nanyang Education Awards 2016
- Portable Rapid On-board Bacteria Compliance Test for Ballast Water through Lab-on-Chip Dielectrophoretic Focusing and Detection
- Supervised learning to predict the motions of multiple particles
- Pei Yen Tan, Marcos, Yu Liu. (2020). Modelling bacterial chemotaxis for indirectly binding attractants. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 487, 110120.
- Jiyu Li, Ya Liu, Jifeng Ren, Benjamin Zikai Tay, Tao Luo, Lei Fan, Dong Sun, Guannan Luo, Denvid Lau, Marcos and Raymond H. W. Lam. (2020). Antibody-coated microstructures for selective isolation of immune cells in blood. Lab on a Chip, 20(6), 1072-1082.
- Shen X, Marcos, Fu HC. (2019). How the bending mechanics of setae modulate hydrodynamic sensing in copepods. Limnology and Oceanography, .
- Koh JBY, Shen X, Marcos. (2018). Supervised Learning to Predict Sperm Sorting by Magnetophoresis. Magnetochemistry, 4, 31.
- Tian Fook Kong, Xinhui Shen, Marcos and Chun Yang. (2017). Lab-on-chip microfluidic impedance measurement for laminar flow ratio sensing and differential conductivity difference detection. Applied Physics Letters, 110(23), 233501.
« Back to Category Write-up