|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Manojit Pramanik
Associate Professor, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Assistant Chair (Academic)
|Dr. Manojit Pramanik received his Ph.D. degree (2010) in Biomedical Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA under the tutelage of Dr. Lihong Wang. He joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore as Assistant Professor in January 2014. He obtained his masters (M.Tech.) degree from Department of Instrumentation at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2004 and his undergraduate (B.Tech) from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 2002. Prior to joining NTU he served as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India for one and half years. His industry experiences include two years at General Electric Global Research (GRC), Bangalore, India and one year at Philips Medical System, Bangalore, India. He is the recipient of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India Young Scientist Research Award 2013. His research interest include development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc. He has more than 100 international journal and conference publications and presentations.|
|Development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc.|
- Improving microbubble-assisted sonothrombolysis efficiency and its real-time monitoring using combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Low-cost, portable, real-time pulsed laser diode photoacoustic tomography (PLD-PAT) system for brain tumor imaging, and monitoring of photothermal therapy in small animal model
- Point-of-care Diagnostics of Tuberculosis (TB) using Label-free Impedimetric Nucleic Acid Assay
- To develop novel hybrid photoacoustic imaging systems by combining both optical & ultrasound imaging, for various biomedical application areas, such as breast cancer imaging, angiogenesis imaging, tumor monitoring, molecular imaging
- Moein Mozaffarzadeh, Mehdi Haji Heidari Varnosfaderani, Arunima Sharma, Manojit Pramanik, Nico de Jong, and Martin D. Verweij. (2019). Enhanced contrast acoustic-resolution photoacoustic microscopy using double-stage delay-multiply-and-sum beamformer for vasculature imaging. Journal of Biophotonics, 12(11), e201900133.
- Jaya Prakash, Dween Sanny, Sandeep Kumar Kalva, Manojit Pramanik, and Phaneendra K. Yalavarthy. (2019). Fractoinal regularization to improve photoacoustic tomographic image reconstruction. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 38(8), 1935-1947.
- Arunima Sharma, Srishti, Vijitha Periyasamy, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). Photoacoustic imaging depth comparison at 532-, 800-, and 1064-nm wavelengths: Monte Carlo simulation and experimental validation. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 24(12), 121904.
- Dhiman Das, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). Combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging of blood clot during microbubbles-assisted sonothrombolysis. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 24(12), 121902.
- Pankaj Warbal, Manojit Pramanik, and Ratan K. Saha. (2019). Proceedings of SPIE: A robust modified delay-and-sum algorithm for photoacoustic tomography imaging with apodized sensors. (pp. 1107713).