|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Manojit Pramanik
Associate Professor, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Assistant Chair (Academic), School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE)
|Associate Professor Manojit Pramanik received his Ph.D. degree (2010) in Biomedical Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, USA under the tutelage of Dr. Lihong Wang. He joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in January 2014. He obtained his masters (M.Tech.) degree from Department of Instrumentation at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2004. He did his undergraduate (B.Tech) from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 2002. Prior to joining NTU he served as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India for one and half years. His industry experiences include two years at General Electric Global Research (GRC), Bangalore, India and one year at Philips Medical System, Bangalore, India. He is the recipient of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India Young Scientist Research Award 2013. His research interest include development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc. He has more than 200 international journal and conference publications and presentations. He serves as the Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Biomedical Optics, Photoacoustics. He is a Senior Member of SPIE. Dr. Pramanik is also the inaugural Biodesign Faculty Fellow offered by the Singapore Biodesign Programme.|
|Development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc.|
- Development of a wearable device to aid maturation of arteriovenous fistula (AVF) in end stage renal disease patients
- Improving microbubble-assisted sonothrombolysis efficiency and its real-time monitoring using combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Novel Dual Responsive Molecular Switch-based Bio-derived and Biodegradable Polymers Forming Gels or Networks for Personal Care Applications
- Point-of-care Diagnostics of Tuberculosis (TB) using Label-free Impedimetric Nucleic Acid Assay
- Sounding out Bacteria – Understanding the bioeffects of therapeutic ultrasound on medical biofilms
- Ultrasound-mediated implantation of Sirolimus-loaded particles into peripheral arteries to prevent restenosis post angioplasty
- Sadaf Shamekhi, Vijitha Periyasamy, Manojit Pramanik, Mohammad Mehrmohammadi, and Babak Mohammadzadeh Asl. (2020). Eigenspace-based minimum variance beamformer combined with sign coherence factor: Application to linear-array photoacoustic imaging. Ultrasonics, 108, 106174.
- Praveenbalaji Rajendran, Samiran Sahu, Rhonnie Austria Dienzo, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). In vivo detection of venous sinus distension due to intracranial hypotension in small animal using pulsed‐laser‐diode photoacoustic tomography. Journal of Biophotonics, 13(6), e201960162.
- Paul Kumar Upputuri, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). Recent advances in photoacoustic contrast agents for in vivo imaging. WILEY INTERDISCIPLINARY REVIEWS-NANOMEDICINE AND NANOBIOTECHNOLOGY, 12(4), e1618.
- Sandeep Kumar Kalva, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). Photoacoustic Tomography with High-Energy Pulsed Laser Diodes. SPIE Press.
- Arunima Sharma, Noreen Ishak, Teoh Swee-Hin, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). High resolution, label-free photoacoustic imaging of live chicken embryo developing in bioengineered eggshell. Journal of Biophotonics, 13(4), e201960108.