|Dr Yu Luo received his Ph.D of Physics from Imperial College London in 2012. He then remained as a research associate in the same university. Since January 2015 Luo has been an assistant professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Nanyang Technological University.|
Yu Luo has worked on a wide range of topics within the realm of metamaterials and plasmonics ranging from the design of invisibility cloaks and plasmonic light- harvesting devices to the study of nonlocal and quantum phenomena in mesoscopic plasmonic systems. He has authored more than 60 international refereed journal papers published on Science, Nature Physics, Nature Communications, PNAS, PRL, Nano Letters, Advanced Materials etc., and is attributed with over 1,400 citations. His work has been highlighted by many scientific magazines and public media, including Nature Photonics, Nature Physics, Physics World, Phys.org, BBC News, Guardian, etc.
- T. Wu, K. Li, N. Zhang, J. Xia, Q. Zeng, X. Wen, U. S. Dinish, M. Olivo, Z. Shen, Z. Liu, Q. Xiong, Y. Luo, S. A. Maier, L. Wei. (2019). Ultrawideband Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering in Hybrid Graphene Fragmented‐Gold Substrates via Cold‐Etching. Advanced Optical Materials, 7(21), 1900905.
- H. C. Zhang, T. J. Cui, Y. Luo, J. Zhang, J. Xu & P. H. He. (2019). Active digital spoof plasmonics. National Science Review, .
- . L. Liu, L. Y. M. Tobing, X. Yu, J. Tong, B. Qiang, A. I. Fernández‐Domínguez, F. J. Garcia‐Vidal, D. H. Zhang, Q. J. Wang, and Y. Luo. (2019). Strong Plasmon–Exciton Interactions on Nanoantenna Array–Monolayer WS2 Hybrid System. Advanced Optical Materials, , 1901002.
- Youming Zhang, Yu Luo, J. B. Pendry, Baile Zhang. (2019). Transformation-Invariant Metamaterials. Physical Review Letters, 123(6), 067701.
- D. Liu, T. Wu, Q. Zhang, X. Wang, X. Wang, X. Guo, Y. Su, Y. Zhu, M. Shao, H. Chen, Y. Luo, D. Lei. (2019). Probing the in-Plane Near-Field Enhancement Limit in a Plasmonic Particle-on-Film Nanocavity with Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy of Graphene. ACS Nano, 13(7), 7644-7654.