|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Long Yi
Senior Lecturer, School of Materials Science & Engineering
Phone: +65 67904599
Office: N4.1 01 05
|Dr. Long studied at Cambridge University, United Kingdom and her research area is to develop different nanostructured functional thin films. She has successfully implemented technology transfer from lab to industry for hard disk company and car grooming company. Her recent focus is to develop energy saving coatings and other functional nanostructures.|
|Dr. Long Yi has more than 10 years’ experience with solid thin films since her Ph.D training. She is developing 2D structures by nanostructuring manipulation, eg. superlattice, controlled porosity, hybrid structure, biomimetic surface fabrication and etc, to give materials with a greater range of properties than is usually obtained.|
She has a general interest in understanding the microstructure and property relationship and how these relate to the underlying mechanism aided by simulations.
She is also working closely with industry partner to develop new technology.
- Active plasmonics of Vanadium Dioxide and its applications in smart windows, sensors and programmable memory
- Flexible Thermochromic Smart Window Foil
- Micron-patterning Vanadium Dioxide Smart Window by facile inject printing
- Nanothermochromism integrated with smart matrix: ultra-large solar modulation, high luminance transmission and heat management
- Study of near room temperature phase transformation behavior of nanostructured vanadium based oxide
- Long, Y; Giuliani, F; Lloyd, SJ; Molina-Aldareguia, J; Barber, ZH; Clegg, WJ. (2006). Deformation processes and the effects of microstructure in multilayered ceramics. Composites Part B: Engineering, 37, 542-549.
- Lloyd, SJ; Castellero, A; Giuliani, F; Long, Y; McLaughlin, KK; Molina-Aldareguia, JM; Stelmashenko, NA; Vandeperre, LJ; Clegg, WJ. (2005). Observations of nanoindents via cross-sectional transmission electron microscopy: a survey of deformation mechanisms. Proceedings of The Royal Society A, 461, 2521-2543.
- Boey, FYC; Tok, AIY; Long, Y; Yeong, HY. (2002). Properties of porous AlN multilayered ceramic sandwich substrates. Journal of Materials Research, 17, 1061-1068.
« Back to Category Write-up