|Professor Leopold Schmetterer graduated from the Technical University of Vienna. He finished his PhD in 1989. He is Head of Ocular Imaging and Scientific Director at Singapore Eye Research Institute, and Professor at the Nanyang Technological University. He is also currently the PI of SERI-NTU Advanced Ocular Engineering (STANCE) program, leading a team of researchers in developing ocular imaging systems. Until Aug 2016, Professor Schmetterer was chairing the Ophthalmic Pharmacology at the Department of Clinical Pharmacology at the Medical University of Vienna. In addition, he had an affiliation with the Center of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. Professor Schmetterer held a post doc position at the Institute de Recherche en Ophthalmologie in Sion and was a guest Professor at EPFL in Lausanne. |
Professor Schmetterer is involved in many international societies including EVER (president 2012 and president of the EVER foundation 2014-2016), ARVO (program committee member 2009-2011), ISOPT (program committee member), AOPT and WOC. He is also a member of many Editorial Boards including Progress of Retinal and Eye Research, Acta Ophthalmologica, Current Eye Research, Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Ophthalmic Research. He has published more than 350 articles in peer-reviewed journals, more than 50 book chapters and edited a book on “Ocular Blood Flow”.
- Chua J., Kadziauskiene A., Wong D., Asoklis R., Lesinskas E., Quang N.D., Chong R., Tan B., Girard M.J.A., Mari J.M., Crowston J.G., Aung T., Schmetterer L. (2020). One year structural and functional glaucoma progression after trabeculectomy. Scientific Reports, .
- Ai Ping Yow, Ruchir Srivastava, Jun Cheng, Annan Li, Jiang Liu, Leopold Schmetterer, Hong Liang Tey, Damon W. K. Wong.(2020). Techniques and Applications in Skin OCT Analysis. Deep Learning in Medical Image Analysis. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology(149-163). Springer.
- Ai Ping Yow, Bingyao Tan, Jacqueline Chua, Leopold Schmetterer, Damon W.K. Wong. (2020, January). Evaluation of automated circumpapillary retinal nerve fiber segmentation in high-resolution swept-source optical coherence tomography. Paper presented at Asia Pacific Ocular Imaging Symposium (APOIS) 2020, Singapore.
- Tan B., Chua J., Lin E., Cheng J., Gan A., Yao X., Wong D.W.K., Sabanayagam C., Wong D., Chan C.M., Wong T.Y., Schmetterer L., Tan G.S. (2020). Quantitative Microvascular Analysis With Wide-Field Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography in Eyes With Diabetic Retinopathy. JAMA Open, .
- Chua J., Tham Y.C., Tan B., Devarajan K., Schwarzhans F., Gan A., Wong D., Cheung C.Y., Majithia S., Thakur S., Fischer G., Vass C., Cheng C.-Y., Schmetterer L. (2019). Age-related changes of individual macular retinal layers among Asians. Scientific Reports, .