|Dr. Zhou is an Associate Professor at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests focus on micro/nano mechanics of materials, contact mechanics and tribology, novel computational methods for modeling material behavior, and additive manufacturing. He worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, USA from 2007 to 2010. He was a Visiting Scholar at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, USA in the summer of 2013. |
He has published over 200 papers in refereed journals including Progress in Materials Science, Physical Review Letters, Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, JMPS, CMAME and IJNME. He serves as a founding Editor of Journal of Micromechanics and Molecular Physics, an Associate Editor of Mechanics Research Communications, and an Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Applied Mechanics, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, Polymers, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Materials Physics and Mechanics, and Scientific Reports. He also serves on the Elasticity Technical Committee of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Nie Lina, Goh Kunli, Wang Yu, Lee Jaewoo, Huang Yinjuan, Karahan H. Enis, Zhou Kun, Guiver Michael D., Bae Tae-Hyun. (2020). Realizing small-flake graphene oxide membranes for ultrafast size-dependent organic solvent nanofiltration. Science Advances, 6, eaaz9184.
- Tang Yu-Jia, Wang Yu, Zhou Kun. (2020). In situ oxidation transformation of trimetallic selenide to amorphous FeCo-oxyhydroxide by self-sacrificing MoSe2 for efficient water oxidation. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, .
- C. Han, Q. Fang, Y. Shi, S. B. Tor, C. K. Chua, K. Zhou. (2020). Recent Advances on High-Entropy Alloys for 3D Printing. Advanced Materials, .
- Zhang Wang, Wang Yu, Zheng han, Li Rui, Tang Yujia, Li Boyuan, Zhu Chao, You Liming, Gao Min-Rui, Liu Zheng, Yu Shu-Hong, Zhou Kun. (2020). Embedding Ultrafine Metal Oxide Nanoparticles in Monolayered Metal–Organic Framework Nanosheets Enables Efficient Electrocatalytic Oxygen Evolution. ACS Nano, 14(2), 1971-1981.
- Wang Yu, Tang Yu-Jia, Zhou Kun. (2019). Self-Adjusting Activity Induced by Intrinsic Reaction Intermediate in Fe–N–C Single-Atom Catalysts. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 141(36), 14115-14119.