|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Lam Kwok Yan
Director, Nanyang Technopreneurship Center
Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Professor Lam Kwok Yan is a renowned Cyber Security researcher and practitioner. Professor Lam has collaborated extensively with law-enforcement agencies, government regulators, telecommunication operators and financial institutions in various aspects of Infocomm and Cyber Security in the region. He is the Lead P.I. of the SPIRIT Programme, an S$11,000,000 programme on smart nation research funded by NRF. Prior to joining NTU, he has been a Professor of the Tsinghua University, PR China (2002-2010) and a faculty member of the National University of Singapore and the University of London since 1990. He was a visiting scientist at the Isaac Newton Institute of the Cambridge University and a visiting professor at the European Institute for Systems Security. In 1997, he founded PrivyLink International Ltd, a spin-off company of the National University of Singapore, specializing in e-security technologies for homeland security and financial systems. In 2012, he co-founded Soda Pte Ltd with a HK-based medical clinics operator. Soda (or Safe of Data App), the Winner of the Most Innovative Start Up Award at the RSA 2015 Conference, is a technology start-up which specialises in data security protection of mobile cloud users. In 1998, he received the Singapore Foundation Award from the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in recognition of his R&D achievement in Information Security in Singapore. He received his B.Sc. (First Class Honours) from the University of London in 1987 and his Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in 1990.|
|Distributed Systems Security,
Multi-modal Biometrics in Homeland Security,
Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP).
- Cybersecurity Protocol and Mechanism for e-Logistics of Dangerous Goods Tracking Using Block Chain
- ExPReSS: Extensible Platform for Retrieval and Summarization Support
- Smart Nation loT Security Reference Architecture study
- Smart Platform Infrastructure Research On Integrative Technology (SPIRIT) : A Platform For Translational R&D For A Smart Nation
- Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT): A Platform for Translational R&D for a Smart Nation
- Smart Urban Planning Assistant System
- Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems (SCRIPTS)
- To Research & Develop Assessment Tool and System – OpsTrace
- Srinivasu Bodapati, Vikramkumar pudi, Anupam chattopadhyay, Kwok Yan Lam. (2018). Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS): CoLPUF: A Novel Configurable LFSR-based PUF. 2018 IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS) (pp. 358-361)China: IEEE.
- Feng Li, Kwok-Yan Lam, Xiuhua Li, Xin Liu, Li Wang, Victor C. M. Leung. (2018). Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks with Heterogeneous Users: How to Price the Spectrum?. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology , 67(6), 5203-5316.
- Pudi Vikramkumar, Anupam Chattopadhyay, Lam Kwok Yan. (2018). Efficient and Lightweight Quantized Compressive Sensing using u-Law. The International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2018.
- S. Badsha, X. Yi, I. Khalil, D. Liu, S. Nepal, E. Bertino and K.Y. Lam. (2018). Privacy Preserving Location-Aware Personalized Web Service Recommendations. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing , .
- F. Li, K.Y. Lam, N. Zhao, X. Liu, K. Zhao, and L. Wang. (2018). Spectrum Trading for Satellite Communication Systems with Dynamic Bargaining. IEEE Transactions on Communications, .