|Jun Zhao has been an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) since August 2018. He received a PhD degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Pittsburgh, PA, USA in May 2015, and a bachelor's degree in Information Engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China in June 2010. One of his papers was a finalist for the best student paper award in IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT) 2014. His research interests include networked systems, security, privacy, data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.|
Prospective PhD students, postdocs, and visiting students/researchers can email JunZhao@NTU.edu.sg
My research experiences have focused on developing secure and private computing technologies in the areas of data analytics, sensor networks, embedded devices, and social networks. Broadly speaking, my interests comprise networked systems, security, privacy, data analytics, and artificial intelligence. Specific topics that excite me include the following:
1) advancing applied mathematics (e.g., blockchains in applied cryptography) to improve networked systems (e.g., the Internet of Things and cyber-physical systems),
2) building privacy-preserving and attack-resilient data analytics (e.g., adversarial machine learning), and
3) developing theories and systems to understand AI ethics.
I also enjoy learning probability theory, game theory, graph theory, and network science.
- Ning Wang, Xiaokui Xiao, Yin Yang, Jun Zhao, Siu Cheung Hui, Hyejin Shin, Junbum Shin, and Ge Yu. (2019). Collecting and analyzing multidimensional data with local differential privacy. IEEE 35th Annual International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE).
- Jun Zhao. (2018). Analyzing the robustness of deep learning against adversarial examples. IEEE Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton).
- Jun Zhao. (2018). Transitional behavior of q-composite random key graphs with applications to networked control. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, .
- Jun Zhao. (2018). On secure communication in sensor networks under q-composite key predistribution with unreliable links. IEEE Transactions on Communications, .
- Jun Zhao. (2018). Analyzing connectivity of heterogeneous secure sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 5(1), 618-628.