|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Tan Joo Ean
Associate Chair (Students), School of Social Sciences
Senior Lecturer, School of Social Sciences
|Tan Joo Ean currently teaches Sociology at Nanyang Technological University. She has also worked at the National University of Singapore, and at the University of Washington in Seattle where she was a post-doctoral fellow.|
|Marriage and Family Issues; Identity and Social Change; Southeast Asia (urban); Social Demography.|
- Social, economic and political change and family patterns in Reformasi Indonesia
- Tan, JooEan. (2019, February). Exploring the Modern Family in Indonesia. Paper presented at Nanyang Technological University—Australian National University Symposium, NTU, Singapore.
- Shi, Nengzheng and JooEan Tan. (2018). Agency and Structure in the Pursuit of Higher Education and Work. Regional Journal of Southeast Asian Studies, 3(2), 60-81.
- JooEan Tan, Premchand Dommaraju. (2018). An Exploration of the Modern Family in Indonesia. Women's Leadership and Democratization in the 21st Century Asia.
- Dommaraju, Premchand and Tan Joo Ean. (2017, October). Marriage in Transition: Social Change and Reformasi in Indonesia.. Paper presented at XXVII IUSSP Internal Population Conference, Cape Town.
- JooEan Tan. (2016, July). Family Ties and Social Networks of Married Women in Post-Reformasi Jakarta, Indonesia. Paper presented at Third ISA Forum of Sociology, University of Vienna.
« Back to Category Write-up