|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Tan Howe Siang
Associate Dean (Communications), College of Science
|1997 B.Sc.(Hon.) , National University of Singapore (NUS)|
1999 M.A., Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
2003 Ph.D., Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
1997 - 1998 Teaching Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
1998 - 2003 Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
2003 - 2005 Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, California, USA
2005 - 2013 Assistant Professor, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
2013 - Associate Professor, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
|Development of new techniques in multi-dimensional optical spectroscopy|
Ultrafast optical pulse shaping and its applications in spectroscopy
Ultrafast Energy Transfer Pathways in Photosynthetic Light Harvesting Complexes
- Antimicrobial Materials Against Drug-Resistant Bacteria: Design, Spectroscopic Characterization and Computational Modelling
- Developing a Sensitive Tool for Measuring Ultrafast Hydration Dynamics by Coherent Multidimensional Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
- Development and Applications of Ultrafast Multi-Quanta Two-Dimensional Optical Spectroscopy
- Joint approach to ultra selective and ultra sensitive real-time molecule trace detection
- Measuring the Ultrafast Correlated Fluctuations Between Electronic Transitions
- Optimization and Control of Nonlinear Optical Processes of Nanostructures Using Ultrafast Optical Pulse Shaping
- The Development of Ultrafast Two Dimensional Electronic-Raman Spectroscopy
- Toward Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Understanding How Efficient Ultrafast Energy Transfer Works in Photosynthetic Systems using Coherent Multidimensional Optical Spectroscopy
- Understanding the Through Space Electron Transfer Process in Dimolybdenum Dimer Systems
- Zhengyang Zhang, Adriana Huerta-Viga, and Howe-Siang Tan. (2018). Two-dimensional electronic-Raman spectroscopy. Optics Letters, 43(4), 939-942.
- P. Akhtar, C. Zhang, T.N. Do, G. Garab, P.H. Lambrev, and H.-S. Tan. (2017). Two-Dimensional Spectroscopy of Chlorophyll a Excited-State Equilibration in Light-Harvesting Complex II. Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 8, 257.
- Zhengyang Zhang, Petar H. Lambrev, Kym L. Wells, Gyozo Garab, Howe-Siang. Tan. (2015). Direct observation of multistep energy transfer in LHCII with fifth-order 3D electronic spectroscopy. Nature Communications, 6, 7194.
- K.L. Wells, P.H. Lambrev, Z. Zhang, G. Garab and H.-S. Tan. (2014). Pathways of energy transfer in LHCII revealed by room-temperature 2D electronic spectroscopy. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 16, 11640.
- Zhengyang Zhang, Kym Lewis Wells, Howe-Siang Tan. (2012). Purely absorptive fifth-order three-dimensional electronic spectroscopy. Optics Letters, 37, 5058-5060.