|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Guo Jian
Assistant Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
|Guo Jian received his B. Eng with First class honors from SCE, and PhD from SPMS NTU in 2007 and 2011, respectively. He then worked with Institute for Infocomm Research in Singapore for 2.5 years, and returned to NTU as a postdoctoral research fellow in 2013. He subsequently joined Temasek Labs as a Principal Investigator and SPMS as an Assistant Professor. |
His major research interest is symmetric-key cryptography, including cryptanalysis, design and implementation of (lightweight) hash functions, block ciphers, authenticated encryption schemes, and their applications such as message authentication codes. Among others, he published 30+ papers in top conferences under the International Association for Cryptologic Research, which received 2000+ citations according to Google Scholar.
He is founding co-chair of ASK --- Asian workshop on Symmetric-Key cryptography: http://ask.crypto.sg. He served/will serve as general (co-)chair of FSE 2013 and ASIACRYPT 2021, program committee members of FSE 2017--2019, ASIACRYPT 2017/2019, EUROCRYPT 2018/2020 etc, and reviewer for all major cryptography conferences and journals. He is a member of ASIACRYPT steering committee representing for Singapore, and also a member of the Security and Privacy Standards Technical Committee acting as Singapore delegate of the International Standardization ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27. He has been leading the Cryptanalysis Taskforce research team at NTU: http://catf.crypto.sg
|- Symmetric-Key Cryptography|
- Quantum Attacks
- Lightweight Cryptography
- FHE/MPC Friendly Designs
- Cryptanalysis and Implementation of Candidates of the On-going NIST Lightweight Authenticated Encryption Competition
- Cryptanalysis: From Manual Methods to Automation, and Machine Learning
- Lightweight Cryptography
- Project HYPERVENOM - Design and Analysis of Authenticated Encryption Ciphers
- Project HYPERVENOM - Homomorphic Encryption and Blom-Like Key Pre-Distribution Scheme
- Security Analysis of Authenticated Encryption Candidates of CAESAR Competition
- Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems (SCRIPTS)
- Zhenzhen Bao, Itai Dinur, Jian Guo, Gaëtan Leurent, Lei Wang. (2019). Generic Attacks on Hash Combiners. Journal of Cryptology, 2019(4), 1-82.
- Jian Guo, Guohong Liao, Guozhen Liu, Meicheng Liu, Kexin Qiao, Ling Song. (2019). Practical Collision Attacks against Round-Reduced SHA-3. Journal of Cryptology, 2019(3), 1-43.
- Jian Guo, Meicheng Liu, Ling Song. (2016). ASIACRYPT 2016: Linear Structures: Applications to Cryptanalysis of Round-Reduced Keccak. (pp. 249-274)Springer.
- Jian Guo, Jérémy Jean, Ivica Nikolic, Yu Sasaki. (2014). ASIACRYPT 2014: Meet-in-the-Middle Attacks on Generic Feistel Constructions. (pp. 458-477)Springer.
- Jian Guo, Thomas Peyrin, Yu Sasaki, Lei Wang. (2014). CRYPTO 2014: Updates on Generic Attacks against HMAC and NMAC. (pp. 131-148)Springer.
« Back to Category Write-up