|Dr. Fan is currently an associate professor at School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, NTU. He received PhD from National University of Singapore in 2003, followed by postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute of Microstructure Physics, Germany and University of Cambridge. He joined in NTU as faculty since 2008. Dr. Fan’s expertise and research interests are mainly two: (1) energy conversion and storage applications of nanomaterials (including water splitting and batteries), (2) optics of semiconducting low-dimensional materials. He is particularly reputed for his work in application of atomic layer deposition (ALD) in energy research. Dr. Fan has published nearly 200 journal papers, with citations of more than 16000 and H-index of 69. He is ISI "Highly Cited Researcher" in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (Clarivate Analytics). He is an editorial board member of Nanotechnology and Nano Future, advisory board member of Advanced Science, Advanced Materials Interface, and Advanced Materials Technologies. Dr. Fan has chaired or co-chaired international series conferences including MRS, ACS, ICMAT, and SICC.|
- Ming Song, Hua Tan, Dongliang Chao*, and Hong Jin Fan*. (2018). Recent advances in Zn-ion batteries. Advanced Functional Materials, , DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201802564.
- iqiang Sun, Kun Xu, Zengxi Wei, Huilin Li, Tao Zhang, Xinyang Li, Weiping Cai, Jianmin Ma, Hong Jin Fan*, and Yue Li*. (2018). Strong Electronic Interaction in Dual-cation Incorporated NiSe2 Nanosheets with Lattice Distortion for Highly Efficient Overall Water Splitting,. Advanced Materials, 30(35), 1802121, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201802121.
- Dongliang Chao, Changrong Zhu, Ming Song, Pei Liang*, Xiao Zhang, Nguyen Huy Tiep, Haofei Zhao, John Wang, Rongming Wang, Hua Zhang and Hong Jin Fan*. (2018). High-Rate and Stable Quasi-Solid-State Zinc-Ion Battery with Novel 2D Layered Zinc Orthovanadate Array. Advanced Materials, 30(32), 1803181. DOI:10.1002/adma.201803181.
- Bo Ouyang, Yongqi Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Hong Jin Fan* and Rajdeep Singh Rawat*. (2017). Nitrogen plasma activated hierarchical nickel nitride nano-corals for energy applications. Small, 13(34), 1604265.
- Yongqi Zhang, Xinhui Xia, Xun Cao, Bowei Zhang, Nguyen Huy Tiep, Haiyong He, Shi Chen, Yizhong Huang, and Hong Jin Fan*. (2017). Ultrafine metal nanoparticles/N-doped porous carbon hybrids coated on carbon fibers as flexible and binder-free water splitting catalysts. Advanced Energy Materials, 7(15), 1700220, DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201700220.