|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Wang Youyi
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904537
Office: S2 B2B 47
|Dr. Wang Youyi received his B.Eng. degree from Beijing University of Science and Technology in 1982, the M. Eng. degree from Tsinghua University, China, in 1984, and the PhD degree from the University of Newcastle, Australia, in 1991, all in electrical engineering. Dr. Wang Youyi joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, as Lecturer on 20 September 1991. Currently he is a Full Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Since he joined NTU in 1991, Dr. Wang has published over 240 top referred international journal and conference papers on system theory, stability analysis, information storage systems, power and energy systems and control theory applications. Dr. Wang is the principal investigator for more than 20 academic and industrial projects, total research funding in excess S$4m from Singapore Government, local industries, and Australia Research Council. Dr. Wang holds two co-invented patents in Singapore. Dr. Wang has supervised 28 postgraduate students, 15 of whom were awarded Ph. D. degrees and 7 M. Eng. Degrees, and 11 Research Fellows. Dr. Wang has been appointed as co-supervisors for Ph.D. students in Queensland University, Australia, the University of Sydney, Australia, and Northeastern University, China. Currently, Dr. Wang is Deputy Directors of Protective Technology Research Center (NTU-MINDEF) and Center for Smart Energy Systems and Principal Investigator of Center for Mechanics of Micro-Systems. Dr. Wang is senior members of IEEE Control Systems Society and IEEE Power Engineering Society.
Dr. Wang received a Best Application Paper Award at the 4th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, June 10 - 14, 2002, Shanghai, China, the 2005 Outstanding Chapter Award (Chair) from IEEE Control Systems Society in 2005 and the 2007 IEEE Singapore Section Outstanding Volunteer Award from IEEE Singapore Section in 2007.
|Dr. Wang Youyi's main research interests are in the area of applications of nonlinear control, robust control to power and energy systems, electric drive systems, information storage systems, fuel cell systems, renewable energy systems and MEMS systems. Since he joined Nanyang Technological University in 1991, Dr. Wang keeps actively doing research in many areas and exploring some new research areas. Dr. Wang has made a good contribution and has a good international recognition and reputation in the established research areas of power and energy system control and analysis, hard disk drive systems, drive system control, and renewable energy system modeling and control.|
- Advanced Control of Low Voltage (LV) Drives for Marine Applications
- Design of a Lightweight and Efficient Power Inverter System for Marine Application
- Development of Electrical Control Based Solutions to Reduce Fatigue in Marine Propulsion Drivetrains
- Integrated Fibre Optic Sensor Based Monitoring System for LNG Terminals
- Intelligent Building Networking and Automation Over Power Transmission Lines
- Intelligent Diagnosis of Marine Electrical Propulsion Systems
- Intelligent Power Allocation and Scheduling
- Measurement and Verification of Chilled - Water Plant
- Research Program In Mechanics of Microsystems (Phase II)
- Using Vanadium Redox Battery for Cargo Handling Equipment in Port Terminals
- Weak GridsNTU's Joint Research Programme With Vestas Technology R&D Singapore Pte Ltd02.03.2015 - 14.09.2016
- Yuqian Guo, Youyi Wang and Lihua Xie. (2012). Robust Stability of Reset Control Systems with Uncertain Output Matrix. Automatica, Vol. 48(No. 8), 1879 – 1884.
- Yuquan Guo, Youyi Wang, Lihua Xie, Hui Li and W. Gui. (2011). Optimal Reset Law Design and Its Application to Transient Response Improvement of HDD Systems. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 19(5), 1160 – 1167.