|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Saman S Abeysekera
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Saman S. Abeysekera received the B.Sc. Engineering (first class honors) degree from the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, in 1978 and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, in 1989.
From 1989 to 1997, he worked at the Centre for Water Research, University of Western Australia and Australian Telecommunication Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia. He is presently an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He is also a Program Director in the Centre for Signal Processing.
|His research interests include frequency estimation, time frequency domain analysis of audio and elctrocardiographic signals, signal processing for communications, applications of sigma delta modulators and radar/sonar signal processing.|
- S. S. Abeysekera. (2008). Performance of Two Simple Recursive Multiple Frequency Estimators in Additive, Multiplicative and Colored Noise. Signal Processing, 88(9), 2302-2315.
- S. S. Abeysekera, Y. Ye. (2008). Zero-Based Equalizers for Single Input Single Output and Single Input Multiple Output Channels. Signal Processing, 88(7), 1868-1880.
- Z. Wang, S. S. Abeysekera. (2007). Asymptotic Bounds for Frequency Estimation in the Presence of Multiplicative Noise. EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, 2007(9).
- M. R. Sharif, S. S. Abeysekera. (2007). Efficient Wideband Sonar Parameter Estimation using a Radon-Ambiguity Transform Slice. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 43(2), 673-688.
- S. S. Abeysekera. (2007). Recursive Laguerre and Kalman Filters as Efficient Full-Rate Sigma-Delta Demodulators. Signal Processing, 87(3), 417-431.
« Back to Category Write-up