|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof John Ngo Quoc Nam
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|He is the pioneer of the temporal optical differentiator area. He is also the pioneer of the temporal optical integrator area. His current research interests are on optical signal processing (e.g., passive and active fiber-based and waveguide-based devices) and its applications in optical communications systems, optical sensors and microwave photonics. He has published over 130 international journal articles. Ngo is a Senior Member of IEEE.|
|His current research interest is mainly on optical signal processing (e.g., passive and active fiber-based and waveguide-based devices) and its applications in, for example, optical communications systems, optical sensors and microwave photonics.|
- N. Q. Ngo. (2007). Design of an optical temporal integrator based on a phase-shifted fiber Bragg grating in transmission. Optics Letters, 32(20), 3020-3022.
- N. Q. Ngo. (2006). Optical integrator for optical dark soliton detection and pulse shaping. Applied Optics, 45(26), 6785-6791.
- N. Q. Ngo, S. F. Yu, S. C. Tjin, C. H. Kam. (2004). A new theoretical basis of higher-derivative optical differentiators. Optics Communications, 230(1-3), 115-129.
- N. Q. Ngo and L. N. Binh. (1995). Theory of a FIR optical digital differentiator. Fiber and Integrated Optics, 14, 359-385.
- N. Q. Ngo and L. N. Binh. (1995). Programmable incoherent Newton-Cotes optical integrator. Optics Communications, 119(3-4), 390-402.
« Back to Category Write-up