|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Poenar Daniel Puiu
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Poenar Daniel Puiu received the M.Sc. degree in electronics and telecommunications in 1989 from Polytechnic University, Bucharest, Romania. He received the Ph.D. degree from the Technical University Delft in 1996. He then joined the Institute of Microelectronics (IME) Singapore, as a Research Engineer until 1999. Since 2000 he has been an Assistant Professor with the Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. His research interest are MEMS and micromachining and their application for the development of sensors and actuators, especially for (bio)chemical devices. Dr. Poenar is co-author of more than 70 papers published in journals and conferences proceedings.|
|Sensors & actuators; MEMS; Si processing; (Bio)chemical sensors; bio-photonics; colour discriminators (e.g. using triple junction structures); miniaturization of bio-analitical methods (e.g. spectrometry, electrophoresis, chromatography) for (Bio)chemical applications, as well as optical detection for these separation methods; bio-photonics & opto-fluidics|
- Biochip and Protocols for Extended Viability and Simple Functional Assessment of Gastrointestinal Tissue Biopsies
- Z.A.S. Mohammed, D.P. Poenar and Sheel Aditya. (2018). Fabrication of Silicon Embedded Low Resistance High Aspect Ratio Planar Copper Microcoils. Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS, 17(1), 014501.
- Z. Ali, K. Ghosh, D.P. Poenar and S.Aditya. (2017, October). Lateral Conduction within CNT-based Planar Microcoils on Silicon Substrate. Paper presented at 12th IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (NMDC 2017), 2-4 Oct. 2017, Singapore.
- D.P. Poenar, B.N.G. Sajay and C. Chia-Pin. (2017, October). Microfluidic Separation of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) From Whole Blood. Paper presented at 12th IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (NMDC 2017), 2-4 Oct. 2017, Singapore.
- Z. Ali, D.P. Poenar and Sheel Aditya. (2017). Design of planar microcoil-based NMR probe ensuring high SNR. AIP Advances, 7(9), 095107.
- Z.A.S. Mohammed, M.A.S. Olimpo, D.P. Poenar and S. Aditya. (2017). Smoothening of scalloped DRIE trench walls. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 63, 83-89.
« Back to Category Write-up