|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr See Eng Kiat
Lecturer, School of Humanities
|I am a lecturer at the Language and Communication Centre, School of Humanities. My research interests include academic writing and discourse analysis. I have co-authored the research articles ‘A qualitative study on the communication needs of science undergraduate students at Nanyang Technological University’ in LCC Working Papers, an internal publication, as well as ‘Improving argumentation through student blogs’ in System, an international journal. I am also involved in two EDEX grants which examine the communication needs of undergraduates at NTU. I teach mainly on the Scientific Communication I and II courses taken by students from the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and School of Biological Sciences. In terms of curriculum development, I am one of the main contributing authors of Scientific Communication I and II Student’s and Teacher's Course Guides. I have a PhD in Applied Linguistics, a Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics, and a Bachelor in Communication Studies (Hons) from Nanyang Technological University. I am also a classically trained musician with a Licentiate diploma in Musical Theory, Criticism and Literature (Trinity College London), an Associate diploma in Singing (Teaching) (London College of Music) and ABRSM Grade 8 in Piano, Singing and Theory of Music (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music).|
- Sujata Kathpalia, See Eng Kiat, Kristina Marie Tom. (2019, December). A Blended Scientific Communication Course for Undergraduate Students. Paper presented at 20th English in Southeast Asia Conference, Raffles Town Club.
- Sujata Kathpalia, See Eng Kiat, Kristina Marie Tom. (2019). A blended scientific communication course for undergraduate students: A case study. LCC Working Paper Series, (6).
- See, Eng Kiat, Kathpalia, Sujata. S., & De Souza, Denise. E. (2018). A qualitative study on the communication needs of science undergraduate students at Nanyang Technological University. LCC Working Paper Series, (5), 31-49.
- Kathpalia, Sujata, S. and Eng Kiat See. (2016). Designing academic writing courses for science students. LCC Working Papers, 3, 59-65.
- Kathpalia, Sujata S., Eng Kiat See. (2016). Improving argumentation through student blogs. System, 58, 25-36.
« Back to Category Write-up