|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yap Kim Hui
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Dr. Yap received the Bachelor Degree of Electrical Engineering (University Medal Winner and First Class Honors) from the University of Sydney, Australia, in 1998, and Ph.D. degree from the same university in 2002. Since then, he has been working as an Assistant Professor in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
His main research interests are image/video processing, media content analysis, computer vision, human-computer interaction, and computational intelligence. As the Group Leader in Content-Based Analysis in the Center for Signal Processing, NTU, he has worked on many projects encompassing image/video content analysis and understanding, media indexing and retrieval, and image processing and computer vision. He has a good track record of publications, with close to 50 articles in various well-known international peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings and book chapters. He has also edited a book entitled “Intelligent Multimedia Processing with Soft Computing” published by Springer-Verlag in 2005.
He has successfully applied for and received funding from different agencies in recent years. He has been invited to present a tutorial at IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, Hawaii, USA, in April 2007, and also invited to serve as an editorial board member for “The Open Electrical and Electronic Engineering Journal” published by the Bentham Science Publishers Ltd.
Dr. Yap served as the Treasurer of the Signal Processing Society Chapter, IEEE Singapore Section from 2005-2007. He was the Committee Member of the Computational Intelligence Society Chapter, IEEE Singapore Section from 2004-2006. He has served as a reviewer for many international journals and conferences. He was also involved in the organization of many international conferences under various capacities including Publication Chair, Special Session Chair, Publicity Chair, Technical Program Committee Member, and Session Chair.
|Dr. Yap's main research interests include image/video processing, media content analysis, computer vision, human-computer interaction, and computational intelligence.|
- DCMMH: Dietary Computational Model for Mobile Health
- He Yu, Yap Kim Hui, Chen Li and Chau Lap Pui. (2007). A Nonlinear Least Square Technique for Simultaneous Image Registration and Super-resolution. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 16(11), 2830-2841.
- K. Wu and K.-H. Yap. (2006). Fuzzy SVM for content-based image retrieval: a pseudo-label support vector machine framework. IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, 1(2), 10-16.
- Yap Kim Hui and Wu Kui. (2005). A soft relevance framework in content-based image retrieval systems. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 15(12), 1557-1568.
- Chen Li and Yap Kim-Hui. (2005). A soft double regularization approach to parametric blind image deconvolution. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 14(5), 624-633.
- YAP Kim-Hui, LING GUAN and WANQUAN LIU. (2003). A recursive soft-decision approach to blind image deconvolution. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 51(2), 515-526.
« Back to Category Write-up