|Professor D. H. Zhang joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University as a lecturer in 1991 and is currently full professor. He was Deputy Head of Microelectronics Division and is currently the Director of Photonic Structure and Application program and Senator of Nanyang Technological University. He has successfully completed over 20 research projects including the first $10M Competitive Research Program (CRP) of NTU as Lead Principal Investigator, and his CRP team published over 200 papers in prestigious journals including Science and Nature Photonics, and generated 10 invention disclosures. So far, he has published over 400 papers in international journals and conferences, 6 books/ proceedings, and 3 book chapters. He received three best paper awards, one of which was selected and sponsored by Nature Phonics. |
Professor Zhang served as editor and guest editor for 9 international journals, including IEEE Transaction on Nano Technology, Journal of Crystal Growth, and Thin Solid Films. He is in International Advisory Committee of several international conferences including SPIE Photonics Europe on Metamaterials, International Conference on Superlattice, Nanostructures and Nanodevices, and Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices. He has served as chairman of several international conferences. He has been a Fellow of Institute of Physics since 2006 and Evaluation panel for Fellow applicants since 2007.
- L. Y. M. Tobing, Y. Luo, K. S. Low, D. Zhang, D.H. Zhang. (2016). Observation of the kinetic inductance limitation for fundamental magnetic resonance in ultrasmall gold v-shape split ring resonators. Advanced Optical Materials, 4(7), 1047–1052.
- Shan Shan Kou, Guanghui Yuan, Qian Wang, Luping Du, Eugeniu Balaur, Daohua Zhang, Dingyuan Tang, Brian Abbey, Xiao-Cong Yuan & Jiao Lin. (2016). On-chip photonic Fourier transform with surface plasmon polaritons. Light: Science & Applications, 5, e16034.
- L. Y. M. Tobing, D. H. Zhang. (2016). Preferential Excitation of the Hybrid Magnetic–Electric Mode as a Limiting Mechanism for Achievable Fundamental Magnetic Resonance in Planar Aluminum Nanostructures. Advanced Materials, 28(5), 889-896.
- Shengtao Mei, Kun Huang, Hong Liu, Fei Qin, Muhammad Q. Mehmood, Zhengji Xu, Minghui Hong, Daohua Zhang. (2016). On-chip discrimination of orbital angular momentum of light with plasmonic nanoslits. Nanoscale, 8(4), 2227-2233.
- Z Xu, LYM Tobing, Y Xie, J Tong, P Ni, S Qiu, T Yu, DH Zhang. (2015). Aluminum based structures for manipulating short visible wavelength in-plane surface plasmon polariton propagation. Optics Express, 23(17), 22883-22889.