|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Foo Yi Shyh Eddy
Lecturer, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904519
Office: S1 B1C 89
|Y. S. Foo. Eddy (S’09) received his B.Eng. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2009. Subsequently, he received his Ph.D degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2016. Between 2014 and 2016, he worked as a research engineer/research fellow under the Cambridge Centre for Advanced Research in Education in Singapore (CARES) project which is part of the National Research Foundation NRF CREATE program. Between 2012 and 2014, he served as a Teaching Assistant for NTU EEE and Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP). He was awarded the NTU EEE outstanding teaching award in 2013 and the NTU EEE Early Career Teaching Excellence Award in 2018. At present, he is a lecturer with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.|
|His research interests are multi-agent systems, microgrid energy management systems, electricity markets, Power Hardware in the Loop and renewable energy resources.|
- Linking Waste Heat Recovery and Electrical Power Networks for Energy Efficiency in Eco-Industrial Parks with Heterogeneous Generation Sources
- Quantification of Prediction Intervals for Renewable Energy Sources and Scalable Algorithms for Distributed Energy Trading under Uncertainties
- Bhagyesh Patil, Ashok Krishnan, Lahanda Purage Mohasha Isuru Sampath, Foo Yi Shyh Eddy. (2019). Decentralized Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of a Multimachine Power System. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, .
- Ashok Krishnan, Yi Shyh Eddy Foo, Hoay Beng Gooi, Cheah Peng Huat, Wang Ming Qiang. (2018). Optimal Load Management in a Shipyard Drydock. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, .
- Prakash K. Ray, Ashok Krishnan, Kalpesh Chaudhari, Foo Y. S. Eddy. (2018). 44th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON2018: Identifying Microgrid Disturbances Using Independent Component Analysis.
- Lim Liang Yuan, Ashok Krishnan, Foo Yi Shyh Eddy. (2018). 10th IFAC Symposium on Control of Power and Energy Systems CPES: Design of a Droop Control Scheme for Programmable Sources in a Microgrid Testbed.
-  Prakash K. Ray, Y. S. Foo Eddy, Ashok Krishnan, Harish C. Dubey, H. B. Gooi and G. A. J. Amaratunga. (2018). IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting: Wavelet Transform-Spectral Kurtosis Based Hybrid Technique for Disturbance Detection in a Microgrid. IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, August 5-9, Portland, Oregon, USA (pp. To be published)USA: IEEE.
« Back to Category Write-up