|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Foo Yi Shyh Eddy
Lecturer, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Y. S. Foo. Eddy (S’09) received his B.Eng. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2009. Subsequently, he received his Ph.D degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2016. Between 2014 and 2016, he worked as a research engineer/research fellow under the Cambridge Centre for Advanced Research in Education in Singapore (CARES) project which is part of the National Research Foundation NRF CREATE program. Between 2012 and 2014, he served as a Teaching Assistant for NTU EEE and Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP). He was awarded the NTU EEE outstanding teaching award in 2013 and the NTU EEE Early Career Teaching Excellence Award in 2018. At present, he is a lecturer with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.|
|His research interests are multi-agent systems, microgrid energy management systems, electricity markets, Power Hardware in the Loop and renewable energy resources.|
- Blockchain-based Decentralized Peer-to-peer Energy Trading
- Linking Waste Heat Recovery and Electrical Power Networks for Energy Efficiency in Eco-Industrial Parks with Heterogeneous Generation Sources
- Quantification of Prediction Intervals for Renewable Energy Sources and Scalable Algorithms for Distributed Energy Trading under Uncertainties
- Mohasha Isuru, Eddy Y. S. Foo and H. B. Gooi. (2020). A Piecewise-Affine Decision Rule based Stochastic AC Optimal Power Flow Approach. 2020 IEEE PES General Meeting, August 2-6 2020.
- M. I. S. Lahanda Purage, A. Krishnan, Y. S. E. Foo and H. B. Gooi. (2020). Cooperative Bidding-based Robust Optimal Energy Management of Multi-Microgrids. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, .
- Prakash K. Ray; Shiba R. Paital; Asit Mohanty; Y. S. Eddy Foo; Ashok Krishnan; Hoay Beng Gooi; Gehan A. J. Amaratunga. (2019). A Hybrid Firefly-Swarm Optimized Fractional Order Interval Type-2 Fuzzy PID-PSS for Transient Stability Improvement. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 55(6), 6486 - 6498.
- Bhagyesh V. Patil, Ashok Krishnan, Foo Y. S. Eddy. (2019, July). The Bernstein polynomials based globally optimal nonlinear model predictive control. Paper presented at 6th World Congress on Global Optimization, WCGO 2019, July 8-10, 2019, Metz, France..
- Bhagyesh Patil, Ashok Krishnan, Lahanda Purage Mohasha Isuru Sampath, Foo Yi Shyh Eddy. (2019). Decentralized Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of a Multimachine Power System. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, .
« Back to Category Write-up